Amazon's leadership principles are the pillars on which Amazon stands. They visit these principles when they approach problems and tackle new ideas.
The principles briefly are:
1. Customer Obsession - Leaders start with the customers
2. Ownership - Leaders are owners
3. Invent & Simplify - Leaders expect innovation
4. Are Right, A Lot - Leaders are right, a lot
5. Learn & Be Curious - Leaders never stop learning
6. Hire & Develop the Best - Leaders raise the bar
7. Insist on the Highest Standards - Leaders have relentless standards
8. Think Big - Leaders create bold direction
9. Bias for Action - Leaders know that speed matters
10. Frugality - Leaders accomplish more with less
11. Earn Trust - Leaders treat others respectfully
12. Deep Dive - Leaders stay connected to the details
13. Have Backbone - Leaders respectfully challenge decisions
14. Deliver Results - Leaders deliver, despite setbacks
"I have read through Amazon's leadership principles, and the ones that resonated with me most were earning trust, having a backbone, and delivering results. I wholeheartedly agree that a good leader will treat others respectfully, despite a difference of opinion. I am sure to see setbacks as challenges versus roadblocks. Lastly, I am unafraid to challenge a decision, respectfully, if I feel passionate about it."
"I was pleased to see that Amazon has such solid leadership principles, and so well laid out. Three that stood out to me the most were customer obsession, ownership, and frugality. As a former business owner, I understand the importance of working with tight resources, even if they are not. This practice can encourage a lot of creativity. Customers are everything, so being obsessed with earning their trust will always work out in your favor. Lastly, I agree that a leader should act as an owner, in every single way. Long-term thinking is important, as is jumping in wherever needed rather than acting as though it's not your job. Leaders are never above a task."