Secretary Interview Questions Go Back
1. What is your best skill as an office assistant?
2. Describe a time when you had really felt good about a performance in your job.
3. A secretary needs to be very organized. Describe your organization characteristics.
4. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
5. Customers can have a nasty attitude for no reason. What techniques do you employ to calm down customers when they are irritated?
6. Tell me about your cash handling experience.
7. Have you ever coordinated an event? How did it go?
8. Why do you want to work for this office?
9. Why did you leave your last job?
10. Tell me about a time when you missed some important details for a report. What happened?
11. Walk me through a typical day for you at your last office.
12. How many years of office work have you had?
13. Please outline your experience of accurately undertaking basic office/paperwork duties.
14. What is your ideal company?
15. Tell me about yourself.
16. Describe a situation when you were given a large amount of data, had a purpose to analyze it, and gave an outcome regarding this data. Explain the process you took forth in each stage of that process.
17. Describe a bad customer service experience you have had in the past and how you handled it?
18. What signs of trust have you demonstrated in the past while working?
19. Tell me about the most difficult supervisor you have ever worked with, and how you went about working with him or her?
20. Can you multi-task? What experience do you have that represents to me how well you multi-task?
21. Give an example of a time you procrastinated and it led to a very difficult situation. Explain whether it required you to work more in the end or turned a report into a disaster.
22. You have been asked to set up a meeting. Quickly go over the steps you take to make this meeting happen.
23. Why do you want to be an office administrator?
24. How proficient are you with Microsoft Excel?
25. Tell me a time when you had to handle something drastic, but no one was around to help you. How did you do it?
26. What is your greatest strength?
27. How well would you say you supervise people?
28. Why are you the best candidate for us?
29. Explain your greeting and how you handled phone calls at your previous employment.