Secretary Interview Questions Go Back
1. Do you always double check or proofread your work?
2. Tell me about your cash handling experience.
3. Have you ever coordinated an event? How did it go?
4. How does this administration position fit into your career goals?
5. Why did you leave your last job?
6. Have you ever taken a role in a company that hasn't fit into your long-term career plans?
7. Tell me about yourself.
8. Describe a bad customer service experience you have had in the past and how you handled it?
9. What signs of trust have you demonstrated in the past while working?
10. Tell me about a time when you improved communication between yourself and a co-worker or client.
11. You have been asked to set up a meeting. Quickly go over the steps you take to make this meeting happen.
12. Why do you want to be an office administrator?
13. How proficient are you with Microsoft Excel?
14. Do you have any questions for me?
15. Have you ever broken a confidentiality agreement?
16. Judging by your resume, you appear to be overqualified for this secretary position. What would keep you here, if you were offered the job?
17. How do you handle stress?
18. Have you requested extra responsibilities in any of your previous roles?
19. How do you handle a larger than average workload?
20. Looking at your resume, it seems there are specific skills necessary for this position that does not stand out. How do you think you will be able to compensate for these missing skills?
21. Tell me about your relationship with your previous boss.
22. Do you prefer doing work on a routine day-to-day basis or do you prefer mixing up your routine occasionally?
23. How many days were you absent from work last year?
24. Explain your greeting and how you handled phone calls at your previous employment.
25. What are the top duties of your current position?