1. How do you stay organized?
2. How do you prioritize your work when you have multiple deadlines to meet?
3. How do you handle pressure and stressful situations?
4. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Typist?
5. Tell me about a time where you had to take on a leadership role. Did you enjoy it and if so, why?
6. What is your greatest weakness, and what are you doing to improve in that area?
7. What is your greatest strength and how will it help you to be a successful Typist?
8. Why are you the best candidate for us?
9. What do you know about our company?
10. Name 3 vital skills that all Typists should have mastered.
11. Are you experienced in shorthand typing?
12. Tell me about your post-secondary education and how it prepared you for this position.
13. What are your short term goals?
14. How many words per minute can you type?
15. What duties are the easiest and the most difficult for you to perform in a Typist capacity?
16. Have you ever worked as a Typist for larger firms? If so, walk me through your typical tasks and tell me which you enjoyed the most.
17. Tell me the programs and software that you are best versed in. What is your level of proficiency in each?
18. Do you prefer copy typing or audio typing, and which method do you consider your strongest?
19. Are you multilingual? If so, what is you strongest language?
20. How strong is your punctuation and grammar?
21. If a co-worker called in sick, thus doubling your workload for the day, how would you react?
22. Tell me about your punctuality and attendance record in your most recent position.
23. In your latest performance review, what did your employer have to say about the quality of your work?
24. What are your long term career goals?
25. Much of your work as a Typist will include working with spreadsheets. Do you have beginner, intermediate or advanced Excel skills?