Social Studies Teacher Interview Questions Go Back
1. What are your career goals as a teacher?
2. Other than tests, how do you assess student learning?
3. Why do you want to be an educator?
4. If you could only teach one topic out of social studies, what would it be?
5. Why do you believe Social Studies is a valuable subject that every student needs to learn?
6. How would your students describe you as a teacher?
7. How do you handle stressful situations?
8. Describe your teaching style.
9. How do you make the curriculum relevant to the lives of your students?
10. How do you keep your political views out of your teaching?
11. Tell me how you develop your daily lesson plan and what do you include?
12. In what ways do you encourage creativity in your classroom?
13. Why do you want to work at this school?
14. How do you encourage teamwork among your students?
15. Describe one of the most successful lessons you have taught in a class. Explain why it worked so well.
16. Tell me about the most challenging student you've taught so far.
17. How do you deal with difficult parents?
18. Describe the teaching techniques or strategies that are most effective for you.
19. What types of personalities do you work with best?
20. How would your former employer describe you?
21. How have you showed leadership within your school in the past?
22. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
23. Why do you love to teach?
24. What is your greatest strength? How does it help you as a teacher?
25. How do you stay calm when dealing with difficult students in your class?