Public Relations Interview Questions
1. Why do companies need public relations?
2. What media outlets do you follow on a regular basis? Why those ones?
3. How do you prioritize your work?
4. How would you go about finding relevant contacts and sources?
5. How do you stay organized?
6. How would you contact and communicate with a reporter?
7. How would you deal with a PR crisis?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9. What are your favorite social media platforms?
10. How would your former employer describe you?
11. How would you put together a pitch?
12. What do you know about our company?
13. Why did you apply to our company?
14. What kind of opportunity are you looking for?
15. If hired, how do you intend on making a difference with our company?
16. Can you multi-task?
17. What qualities make a good public relations employee?
18. Do you prefer working for an in-house pr department or a pr agency?
19. Have you even been misunderstood professionally or personally?
20. Tell me about a social media campaign you have worked on.
21. What does public relations mean to you?
22. What campaigns have you ran in the past?
23. What was your most successful PR campaign?
24. What was your most challenging PR campaign?
25. What are a few of your most important steps in creating a successful campaign?
26. What do you know about our company?
27. Why are you the best candidate for us?
28. What is your greatest strength?
29. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
30. What are your career goals?
31. Why did you decide a career in public relations?
32. What skills have you acquired that would help you communicate a client’s message?
33. How can you use social media to reach and impress traditional media?
34. Tell me about yourself.
35. What writing experience do you have?
36. How are your communication skills?
37. Are you efficient with your time?
38. How do you handle stressful situations?
39. Do you work well under pressure?
40. Do you manage your time well?