Behavioral Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me about a time when you worked on a team based project where a member was not doing their share of the work.
2. Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with.
3. Describe for me a time when you made the wrong career decision. How did you correct your misstep?
4. Tell me about a time when you worked with a person who did things very differently than you. How did you get the job done?
5. When did you come up with an innovative solution to a challenge your company, class, or organization was facing?
6. Tell me about a time when you were unable to meet a project deadline. How did you react?
7. Tell me about a time when you had to address an angry customer. What was the problem and how did you resolve it?
8. What are your three greatest work related accomplishments to date?
9. What is the riskiest decision you have made? What happened in the end?
10. Tell me about a time when you used good judgement and logic to solve a problem.
11. Tell me about a career related goal that you set and did not reach.
12. Describe a time when you motivated yourself to complete an assignment or task that you did not feel like doing.
13. Tell me about a time when you, or a group that you were a part of, were in danger of missing a deadline. What did you do?
14. Have you ever worked in a situation where the rules and guidelines were not clear? How did you cope?
15. Tell me about a time when you showed initiative by taking the lead on a team project.
16. Tell me about a time when you were particularly effective on prioritizing tasks and completing a project on schedule.
17. Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed.
18. With the ongoing changes in this industry, how do you keep your knowledge current?
19. Tell me your favorite, and least favorite, aspects of your current or most recent position.
20. Tell me about a time when you had to be incredibly precise in order to successfully complete a job. How did you feel about paying that much attention to detail?
21. Tell me about a time where you needed to work in a team environment to get a job done. What were the challenges and difficulties, and how did you face these?
22. When have you had to make a split second decision? How do you react under unexpected pressure?
23. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new within a short deadline. How did you succeed?
24. Tell me about the most competitive work situation you have experienced. How did you handle it, and what was the result?
25. Tell me about a time when you had to analyze a situation and make a recommendation.
26. Where do you see your career one year from now?
27. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to major change in the workplace. How did you cope?
28. Think about a difficult boss, professor or coworker. What made him or her difficult? How did you successfully interact with this person?
29. Tell me about a time when you undertook a project that demanded a lot of initiative.
30. Will you be willing to take a salary cut?