Behavioral Interview Questions Go Back
1. Think about a difficult boss, professor or other person. What made him or her difficult? How did you successfully interact with this person?
2. Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgement and logic in solving a problem.
3. Describe for me a time when you failed at something and how you responded.
4. Describe a situation when you or a group that you were a part of were in danger of missing a deadline. What did you do?
5. Give me an example of when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with.
6. Give a specific example of a time when you had to address an angry customer. What was the problem and what was the outcome?
7. Give me an example of a time when you came up with an innovative solution to a challenge your company, class or organization was facing.
8. Tell me about a time when you worked on a team and a member was not doing their share of the work.
9. Give me a specific example of a time when you were unable to complete a project on time.
10. Tell me about a time when you worked with a person who did things very differently from you. How did you get the job done? Would you work with that person again if given the choice?
11. What is the riskiest decision you have made? What was the situation? What happened?
12. Give me a specific example of a time when you had to handle an irate customer.
13. Describe a situation when you have motivated yourself to complete an assignment or task that you did not want to do?
14. Tell me about a goal that you set and did not reach.
15. Have you ever worked in a situation where the rules and guidelines were not clear? Tell me about it. How did you feel about it? How did you react?
16. Tell me about a time when you showed initiative and took the lead in a team project.
17. Describe your three greatest accomplishments to date.
18. Give me an example of a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed.
19. Tell me a specific instance when you found it necessary to be precise in order to complete the job.
20. What did you like best about your last job? What did you like least?
21. Can you tell me about an occasion where you needed to work with a group to get a job done? What were the challenges and difficulties and how did you face these?
22. Give me an example of a time when you had to make a split second decision.
23. Tell us how you keep your job knowledge current with the on going changes in the industry.
24. Tell me about a situation when you had to learn something new in a short time. How did you proceed?
25. What is the most competitive work situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
26. Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation.
27. Describe a major change that occurred in a job that you held. How did you adapt to this change?
28. Where do you see yourself a year from now?
29. Tell us about a time when you were particularly effective on prioritizing tasks and completing a project on schedule.
30. Tell us about the last time that you undertook a project that demanded a lot of initiative.
31. Tell me about a job or setting where great precision to detail was required to complete a task. How did you handle the situation?