Behavioral Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me about a time when you worked on a team based project when a member was not doing their share of the work.
2. Tell me about a time when you were unable to meet a project deadline. How did you react?
3. Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with.
4. Tell me about a time when you worked with a person who did things very differently than you. How did you collaborate?
5. Tell me about a time when you had to address an angry customer. What was the problem and how did you resolve it?
6. What is your greatest work related accomplishment to date?
7. What is the riskiest decision you have ever made in the workplace?
8. Tell me about a time when you used good judgment and logic to solve a problem.
9. Describe a time when you motivated yourself to complete an assignment or task that you did not feel like doing.
10. Tell me about a time when you were in danger of missing a deadline. What did you do?
11. Have you ever worked in a situation where the rules and guidelines were not clear? How did you cope?
12. Tell me about a time when you showed initiative by taking the lead on a team project.
13. Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed.
14. When have you had to make a split second decision? How do you react under unexpected pressure?
15. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new within a short deadline.
16. Tell me about the most competitive work situation you have experienced. How did you handle it, and what was the result?
17. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to major change in the workplace. How did you cope?
18. Think about a difficult boss, professor or coworker. How did you successfully interact with this person?
19. Tell me about a time when you undertook a project that demanded a lot of initiative.
20. Tell me about your learning style and study patterns.
21. What was the most difficult decision you have had to make?
22. Tell me about a time when you had to collaborate with a co-worker whose personality was the opposite of yours.
23. How would you build a relationship with someone who intimidates you?
24. Tell me about a time you wish you had handled a workplace situation, differently.
25. How would you approach making a good impression on a new client?
26. Tell me about a time that you failed. How did you get back up again?
27. How do you handle working under very close supervision?
28. How do you handle working with little to no supervision?
29. How do you react when you are dissatisfied with the quality of your work, or the outcome of your work?
30. Which statement sounds more like you: 'I hate to lose' or, 'I love to win'?