Medical Assistant Interview Questions Go Back
1. As a Medical Assistant, what do you believe is your best asset?
2. Walk me through your daily work routine.
3. Why should we hire you?
4. What are your weaknesses?
5. What is your favorite type of patient?
6. Why do you want a career in the medical field?
7. How well do you work with people?
8. Patients can be nervous talking to a doctor. How will they feel comfortable talking to you first?
9. What is your least favorite thing about being a medical assistant?
10. What do you like most about being a medical assistant?
11. How did your education prepare you for this position?
12. How do you handle an upset patient?
13. Do you have any management experience?
14. Are you a people person?
15. Tell me about a time when you handled multiple tasks at once?
16. Give me an example of a tough patient you had to deal with?
17. Why do you want to leave your current employer?
18. How would you rate your listening skills?
19. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle it?
20. What was your best experience thus far as a medical assistant?
21. What are three key traits any medical assistant needs to have?
22. How would you rate your communication skills?
23. Have you taken blood pressure from a patient before?
24. How do you respond if something goes wrong during a routine procedure?
25. What is an area you would like to improve upon?
26. How do you stay organized?
27. How do you protect the confidentiality of patients?
28. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond.
29. How would your former employer describe you?
30. How do you handle situations that could cause you to be late or miss work?
31. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
32. If a patient complains they had to wait too long to see the doctor, what will you do the next time they visit?
33. If a patient complains that they didn't receive the proper care, how do you react?
34. Tell me about a situation where you had to quickly adapt to a significant change at work?