15 Construction Manager Interview Questions
- Tell me about a time when you built rapport quickly with someone under difficult conditions.
- When have you led a project before? How was the outcome?
- I have been leading projects now for over 10 years, I happy to say my projects have always come in on time and within budget.
- Why do you want to work for our construction company?
- What do you know about the projects we typically do at our company?
- Why did you choose a career as a project manager?
- What do you enjoy most about leading a construction crew?
- Tell me about a problem you encountered while working with an outside firm on a construction project, and how you overcame it.
- There are times when we are placed under extreme pressure on the job. Tell about a time when you were under such pressure and how you handled it.
- How do you manage your time?
- Some problems require developing a unique approach. Tell about a time when you were able to develop a different problem-solving approach.
- Give me an example of when you took a risk to achieve a goal. What was the outcome?
- Describe a situation where you had to use conflict management skills.
- Tell me about a time when your supervisor criticized your work. How did you respond?
- Give me an example of a project that best describes your organizational skills.
- What was the most difficult period in your life, and how did you deal with it?