Dietitian and Nutritionist Interview Questions Go Back
1. If a physician requested this patient received more Vitamin D, what foods would you recommend to this patient?
2. When did you realize you wanted to be a Dietitian?
3. What was your favorite teaching experience? What made it so enjoyable?
4. What do you think are the most important skills or traits for a Dietitian and Nutritionist to have?
5. No one can be an expert in everything. What are some of the things that you would like to learn more about?
6. How do you deal with work stress?
7. What would your co-workers say about you?
8. How do you manage a large workload?
9. Have you ever been in a leadership position?
10. How do you handle confrontational co-workers?
11. What are your salary expectations?
12. Tell me about yourself.
13. Tell me about your previous boss.
14. Why should we hire you?
15. How do you deal with challenging days, such as when there is too much going on and you feel as though others are pulling you in a million different directions?
16. How do you keep current on the changing science of nutrition?
17. Who was the best supervisor you ever had? What made this person so good to work for and with?
18. How do you continue your education in nutrition, outside of the classroom?
19. What was the most recent dietitian study you have read?
20. What diet would you recommend to an 70 year old female, who has just recovered from breast cancer treatments?
21. Why would you be the best Dietitian for our hospital?
22. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Dietitian and Nutritionist?
23. What areas of medical nutrition therapy interest you the most? Why?
24. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
25. What kinds of projects do you enjoy working on? What do you think that you would enjoy working on if given a chance?
26. What relationship do you think that the Kitchen and the Clinical Nutrition Department staff should have?
27. Have you ever considered becoming certified in a specialty or continuing your education in some other way?
28. How would you describe your counseling style?
29. Who was the most difficult client/patient that you ever had to deal with? How did you handle it?
30. Who is your mentor?