Film and Video Editor Interview Questions Go Back
1. What are you most proud of in your career?
2. What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
3. How would you describe yourself as a Film and Video Editor? What techniques and styles do you deploy?
4. Tell me about your favorite project as a film and video editor.
5. Who do you admire most in the film industry?
6. What are your salary expectations?
7. How do you present your edited and final work to your client(s)?
8. Are you willing to work overtime to meet a deadline?
9. What are your preferred working hours?
10. Would you prefer to work as a full time employee or as a contracted freelancer?
11. Were you part of a student filmmaker society during university?
12. What program(s) do you use for video editing?
13. In your opinion, what is the most exciting advancement in the industry this year?
14. Do you aspire to be a director or producer one day?
15. When was the last time you faced a high-pressure situation and how did you react?
16. Who do you admire the most in film editing?
17. How do you react to criticism about your work?
18. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a film and video editor?
19. What do you like most about being a film and video editor?
20. What do you like least about being a film and video editor?
21. What is the most rewarding part of being a film and video editor?
22. What is the most difficult part of being a film and video editor?
23. Are you a detail oriented person?
24. How is your vision?
25. What are your career goals?
26. What equipment do you use for filming? (i.e lens and/or lighting)
27. What are you looking for in terms of career development?
28. Do you work well under pressure?
29. Do you work well on a team?
30. What type of leadership style do you take direction best from?