1. What applicable attributes do you have for this position?
2. Describe the project or situation which best demonstrates your analytical abilities. What was your role?
3. Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.
4. Do you have any plans for continued education?
5. Have you had any difficulties in the past with a supervisor?
6. Give me a specific example of a time when you were unable to complete a project on time.
7. What is your greatest strength?
8. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
9. What are your career goals?
10. Why are you the best candidate for us?
11. Tell me about yourself.
12. What will you not cover as a journalist, writer, or reporter?
13. Are there any boundaries to your stories?
14. What do you look for when you hire staff?
15. How do you market yourself?
16. Tell me about an achievement of which you are proud.
17. What was your most successful story?
18. Do you enjoy doing research?
19. Tell me about a difficult scenario at work and how you dealt with it.
20. Do you work better individually or on a team?
21. What are your salary expectations?
22. Do you enjoy covering stories?
23. What was your deciding factor, when choosing a career in the media?
24. What do you know about our media organization?
25. Why would you be a good journalist?