1. Tell me about a time when you demonstrated too much initiative?
2. What have you done to improve relations with your customers?
I have always made sure that they are happy and comfortable with the service they are receiving. If they are unhappy or not pleased, I have acted quickly to resolve the issue. I make sure I am always knowledgable, approachable and friendly.
3. What have you accomplished that shows your initiative and willingness to work?
4. Were you the best person in your unit at your last company?
5. Have you had any difficulties in the past with a supervisor?
6. What specific training did you have for your last position?
7. How do you respond when your manager changes your shift on short notice?
8. How do you spend your time when you are not at work?
9. How do you handle stressful situations?
10. You have an irate customer at the register, how would you handle this situation?
11. Why are you the best person for our establishment?
12. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
13. The restaurant is busy, youíre tired, short-handed and you havenít had a day off in six days. How does this affect your work and attitude?
14. Why are you the best candidate for us?
15. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
16. How many hours can you stand on your feet without a break?
17. What is your greatest strength?
18. What if you get a special request from a customer, what do you do?
19. Why do you want to be in the food and beverage industry?
20. Think about the last time your manager critiqued your work. How did you respond?
21. Tell me about a time you saw a coworker taking out food they did not pay for?
22. What situations kept you from fulfilling your job duties or from coming to work on time at your last job?
23. What do you hate about working in a restaurant?
24. What would you do if a 30 top table walked in?
25. Why are you leaving your current job?