Electrical Technician Interview Questions Go Back
1. What type of safety gear are you familiar with?
2. Why are you leaving your current job?
3. Are you confident in your ability to interpret any electrical diagram and repair most equipment in safe manner?
4. What are your qualifications for this job?
5. Tell me about your on-the-job training.
6. What attracted you to our job posting?
7. What can you do for us that other candidates cannot?
8. Why are you interested in working for us?
9. Tell me about a time that you located a problem in a complicated electrical grid and solved the issue.
10. Do you have experience in manufacturing?
11. What was the most difficult repair job you have done?
12. Do you have experience developing programs for maintaining new equipment?
13. How comfortable are you with reading complicated electrical blueprints?
14. What are your career goals?
15. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
16. Why do you want to be an electrical technician?
17. Do you have leadership experience?
18. How do you handle stressful situations?
19. What post-secondary education do you have? What would you change about your academic experience and what was the biggest positive for you?
20. What is your ideal company culture?
21. What makes you a stand-out candidate?
22. Tell me about your favorite engineering class. Why was is your favorite?
23. What equipment are you most comfortable working on?
24. What have you done in the last year to improve your knowledge as an Electrical Technician?
25. If you needed something immediately and your supervisor was unavailable, what would you do?
26. Tell me about a time when you felt overwhelmed by a project or a deadline. How did you deal with it and what did you learn?
27. Being strong in Math is an important skill as an Electrical Technician. Tell me about a time that you used complex math to analyze and/or create schematics.