15 Pest Control Worker User Answer Examples
What would you do if a pest or problem stumped you?
- Reach out to the experts I have in contact and find out what those with far more experience and knowledge would handle it.
- I will tack to my team always.
Can you pass a drug test?
- Yes I could pass a drugs test.
Are you a hard worker? Give me an example.
- Yes. I keep working at a task until its 100% complete.
- Extremely. But not simply working hard for working's sake, but to accomplish the immediate and long term goals. Whatever is necessary, it will be done without hesitation.
- Yes I I once cut my off day and come to work and may be sent some results by mail.
- Yes finish all the challange on time.
- I am very adaptable and fast learner person, im not afraid of changes and I never see obstacles on my work or career only challenges.
- Yes, I do more than my job description asks for.
Why are you the best candidate for us?
- I'm a hard worker, goal oriented, respectful, and always willing to learn and improve my work and skills.
- My desire and drive to the be absolute best will constantly push me toward the top. I'm constantly accepting and learning from my failures to ensure that they don't happen a second time and that excellence is the result.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Steady career, have my life set on what I want.
Why did you choose a career in Pest Control?
- I am not, I am hoping you have some good technical questions.
- I didn't actively choose it so much as I fell into it. But, once I began working in the industry, I found that not only did I excel at it, but enjoyed it thoroughly. It's rare that you find a job that you really love to do and are incredibly good at it, so when you find it, you hold on for dear life.
- Because I believe its my calling, I have a keen interest of health and safety to others and im also very practical.
- That is more close to my goals.
- What I've researched has made me intrested.
Businesses leave us keys to enter their establishment during non-business hours. Are you a trustworthy and responsible person to handle this task?
- Yes I babysit my mephews alot and feed my mates pets when their away.
- Yes I am a trustworthy and capable person in handling the presmises in a responsible manner.
How long do you foresee yourself working for us, if hired?
- As long as we both feel that I am doing a good job.
- While seeing the future is impossible, given what we've discussed, I can't foresee any reason to not continue our relationship for many years.
- I could see my self staying in this type on work for along time as I am insterested in biology and chemistry.
- As long as the company needs my services.
- If I grow with this company I sill work.
What do you know about our pest control company?
- Its a pest control company that keeps bugs out of the house.
- Deal with wide variety of bugs. Work in the new jersey, maryland, deleware, and new york areas.
- They deal with vertibate pest such as birds mammals and reptiles they also deal with invertibate insect like fleas ticks bed bugs ants that kinda thing, they also help to keep the enviroment safe for humans businesses and propoties and help minmise the spread of infections or deseases.
- You're the largest pest control company in the United States, and bring a massive reputation.
- Do any thing is must to do to control the pest without harmful the humane and environment.
- Company having broad and permanent franchice network with efficent and high resulting product in market then other company.
- Pest control india established in 1954 it is first and largest pest management company. Its product and services and equipment throught in countrywide in this company 150 offices and 3500 employees.
Do you know anyone that works in pest control?
- Hundreds of people. Being a niche industry, we tend to be close knit and friendships develop easily.
- Honestly sir, I dont have. But I have knowledge as pest control.
How would you define great customer service?
- Always on time, be friendly and courteous and respectful.
- Mack customer to wow from our work.
How do you handle stressful situations?
- Take some time to think not to go to big problem.
Do you mind if we run a background check on you?
What are your career goals?
- Work hard to hopefully move up in the future.
What is your greatest weakness? Your greatest strength?
- Weakness sometimes to many things at once can stump me. Strength would be my work ethic.
- The main one Greatest Weaknesses: Focus on work so fast may be give low quality of work, some improvement for this side will be good.
Pest Controllers can make a lot of money if they are motivated, will you be motivated and work hard?
- I'm always motivated, and not simply by a love of money, but motivated to do the right thing and achieve excellence.
- Yes of cores but I will avoid low quality of work.
Do you take pride in your work?
- Is there any other reason to do the work? Your work is your legacy, and it's what you're known for. If you don't take pride in it, why else would you do it?
- Yes of course every work I do I pride in it.
- Yes of course sir. Because my performance was based on my work thats why I need to work it properly and carefully.
How did you get along with your last supervisor?
- We got along great. We'd developed a friendship before I ever went to work with him, and that friendship has continued. While I recognized that he was my superior, and accepted his leadership, our relationship continued and never got in the way of what needed to be done.
- Very well he learnt me alot about the best ways things should be lifted and give me alot of good feedback.
If you were unhappy with your job, how would you discuss this with your boss?
- Yes I believe you gotta be honest and open.
- I woundn't, I would look for changes I could make within my circle of influence.
- Well, I've run into this situation a few times, and always it's been a positive result for everyone. A simple quick sit down to make my frustrations known and what I think can be done to resolve them goes a long way. Sometimes there are issues that can't be resolved, and if that's the case, then it's up to me to change my attitude about it, but always has been fruitful.
How would you handle a customer that was highly upset that their rodent or pest problem was not handled in a timely manner?
- Keep talking to them in a calm and respectful manner and reassure them that it will be fixed.
- Firstly, listen to the customer in an empathetic manner. Hear their concerns and apologize for not communicating things clearly and handling things as well as they could have been. Continue on with diligence and give a reasonable timeline for resolution.