1. How do you check your work for accuracy?
By how succesful my end result was and learning from my mistakes.
2. What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness?
My greatest strength would have to be my organisation skills and my ability to multi task while under pressure. Greatest weakness would be saying no to people to ask for assistance while I already have numerous tasks to undertake. I have learnt, while working at my work, to say no due to the already great number of tasks I have to accomplish.
3. Why are you the best candidate for us?
I am a best candidate because I am a hard worker, a team player, a good communicator and always willing to learn.
Because I have demonstrated all of the skills required for the position and am certain I would be make a significant contribution to the team.
I feel that I met all the requirements. I am a very loyal and dedicated employee.
I have a strong desire to start my career in the legal field. I am very eager to learn and broaden my work experience and skills. I have worked in restaurants for the last several years which has given me great customer service skills and I am a very hard worker and extremely organized.
I am currently an Executive Secretary and acting Audit and Finance Secretary which offers confidentiality, experience and well established relationships with Administration and the Govering Board members.
4. How has your college degree prepared you to work in this firm?
With a diploma in business management, I am very well prepared for this position. I believe that I am very well prepared to be a part of this commercial law firm based on my background in business management, not to mention my law degree.
Yes my college degree has given me the knowledge to work in the legal field and with clients that are in need of legal services.
It has help me gain useful tools and information that will put me ahead in this position.
My college degree has prepared me to be organized, given me the skills to be a good communicator and researcher.
It has prepared me by providing me with the knowledge and tools to work in a legal field.
5. How can you contribute to our firm?
I can bring a positive additude to this firm along with my 10 years of experience in the legal field.
By being totally dedicated, effectively and efficiently multi tasking and working with team members to achieve common company goals.
My passion for immigration and those involved, in addition to complete understanding to the critical nature of every detail involved in immigration.
Not only am I a very hard worker but I am a people person and believe that I make a positive difference in the lives of others easily and with pleasure. I am an optimist and truly try to find the good in any situation.
I can contribute to your firm by offering communication, organizational, and research skills. I will work steady and timely and always keep a positive attitude to help motivate everyone I work with.
6. What are the most important qualities of a successful legal assistant?
Focus,research and speed.
Being focused, being a constant worker, efficiency and speed.
The qualities are tofocus, research and spped with the implementation to improve effectiveness of the work.
Organization, loyal, strong work ethic, team oriented.
I can bring my positive, can-do attitude and 15 years of experience to the position.
7. What are your long and short range career goals and objectives?
My short term goal is to get a job as a legal assistant and the long term objective is to become a paralegal.
To become sucessful in legal career.
My short term career goal is to obtain a position with a good firm and long term is to keep working for the same firm, and learning every aspect and assisting the lawyers without needing to be assisted myself.
My long career goals is to complete my LLB Degree to became an Attorney. My short goals is to work for Corporate Legal Company so i may gain experince when i complete my LAw Degree.
I would like to eventually become an IP paralegal.
8. How would you describe yourself?
Positive, focused, energized, team player, goal orientated.
A passionate person who brings a good attitude, hard work ethic, and follows through on assignments.
I am a very compassionate person. I would do absolutely anything for the people closest to me. My family is the most important thing to me. I believe I make a positive difference in the lives of others by being positive and happy. I am a very organized person; maybe too organized sometimes.
I would describe myself as an organized and stable person. I work hard at everything I put my mind to and I never leave anything unfinished. I have a great mentality about my career and I will do whatever it takes to reach my goals. I am very caring and I am able to work through any issues that may arise in the office. If I make a mistake I will always own it and fix it.
A hard and honest hard working individual, who likes to make sure that her work is professional and pleasing.
9. What two or three things are most important to you in a job?
Having a positive environment, a place where there is room for learning, and is team oriented.
Professional growth, job security, sense of belonging.
Job security, positive job environment, professional growth.
Number one is definitely the atmosphere, I believe its important for the work environment to be positive and influential. Another is room for growth.
Passion, workplace politics, and overall objectives.
10. What legal courses did you like the best? Least?
what course did you like best and least?
I have enjoyed all my criminal justice courses very much. The ones I least enjoy are the public administration classes.
During my Fall 2014 semester I took two legal courses: law and society and courts, law, and politics. Both were extremely educational and granted me the opportunity to think analytically.
Company law, family law, equity and trust law and contract law.
Human rights and globalization.
11. What have you learned from the other attorneys/paralegals you've spoken with today?
I have learned a little about what it will take to be a part of this team. I have also learned how they work and what they would expect from me.
I have learned that this is a great firm to work for based on their enthusiasm for their job.
12. What goals, other than those related to your legal career, have you established for yourself for the next 10 years?
In the next ten years I would like to have my student loans paid off and begin buying real estate. I want to be comfortable and be able to have college funds for my children. My oldest will be graduating in around ten years and I would like for him to be financially supported while he begins his journey.
I have a goal of seeing both of my children successfully go off to college.
13. Are your grades a good indication of your academic achievement?
I feel my grades whether bad or good demonstrate the determination I have to reach a goal no matter the situation I am at.
Yes. I was very determined to make good grades in school. I worked hard and met that goal.
14. What are the main components of a case file and what steps are carried out to file a case?
A case file contains an initial complaint detailing the people involved in the case and notes about the case.
Case filing involves may steps, it involves case summarizing, collection and organization of material, law research, scheduling witnesses, and team case review reports.
15. What type of work environment would allow you do to your best work?
I enjoy working autonomously and I look forward to receiving constructive feedback or pointers from my supervisor.
16. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Legal Assistant?
To continuously improve myself both professional and ethical in the legal field and acquire the best training and mentor ship needed to work in a fast paced environment.
I enjoy helping people and learning new things. The Legal Assistant field offers the best opportunity for both.
17. Do you work well under pressure?
Yes, some of my best work has been done while under pressure.
Yes, I believe my ability to prioritize my work and stay organized help me to do that.
18. How do you handle stressful situations?
I strive to maintain a positive, calm, focused mind while I work on getting the problem solved.
Client interactions, attending board meetings and.
19. What are you doing to better yourself as a Legal Assistant?
20. How do you manage your research work considering there is so much to look through?
21. Why did you leave your last position?
I wanted to expand myself and face new challenges.
22. Can you give me an example of a situation where you demonstrated an eye for detail?
23. How do you deal with sensitive or confidential information?
24. Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
I believe that the linchpin for every great and successful company is the ability to work as a team.
25. Can you give me an example of a situation where you needed to deal with multiple priorities at once and how you deal with it?
26. What qualities do you feel are most important for a successful legal assistant?
Organization, communication, efficiency and dedication.
27. How has your education prepared you to work for us?
28. What subject did you like the most at school? Why?
29. Which areas of law are you most interested in?
30. Tell us about a time you had to handle a difficult client.
The client required certain documents at a short period of time and I used my great verbal communications skills to tell them the time and great attention to detail the document needed in order to be completed efficiently.