Correction Officer Interview Questions Go Back
1. What would you do if an officer next to you was engaged in a physical fight with an inmate?
2. Do you have a role model or mentor?
3. Tell me about an experience where you successfully used deescalation techniques in preventing a physical altercation.
4. Why do you want a position as a correction officer?
5. Tell me about yourself.
6. What do you fear will be your potential weaknesses as a correction officer inside our prison?
7. Rate your communication skills from 1-10 with proper examples backing your given rating.
8. How would you address the issue of a subordinate who is consistently late for their shift?
9. How would you handle an inmate who constantly yelled at you and said extremely derogatory things to you?
10. Are you willing to work long hours, on a variety of different shifts, with a limited amount of notice?
11. If you saw another correctional officer doing something inappropriate, how would you handle the situation?
12. How has your education prepared you for your career?
13. Tell me about a time there was a serious conflict. How did you resolve it?
14. What part of this career brings you the most stress?
15. How do you determine priorities when you have multiple projects due?
16. What are your salary expectations?
17. How have you had to adapt your work style to fit the team's objectives?
18. How do you develop trust among your team members in a virtual setting?
19. Do you prefer doing work on a routine day-to-day basis or do you prefer mixing up your routine occasionally?
20. When have you shown great integrity at work?
21. What is the most challenging problem you have encountered in your professional career?
22. How do you handle a difficult problem you must solve, where you are unsure of the answer.
23. What would you do if your commanding officer was taken hostage, inside the prison, by inmates?
24. Tell me about a time when it was better to be agreeable in a situation, rather than continue the argument.
25. Tell me about a time when you showed your superior officer that you are trustworthy, and responsible.
26. Have you ever faced a company policy you disagreed with, but had to enforce anyway?
27. Have you ever worked in a stressful environment? How did you handle it?
28. Why are you the best suited person for this job?
29. Describe a situation in which you supervised a large group of individuals. What specific steps did you take to ensure that all individuals in your group completed scheduled activities?
30. What role do you believe a correction officer plays in preventing contraband in the prison?
31. Do you have a problem with authority?
32. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
33. Why did you leave your previous employer?
34. What makes you angry?
35. How do you resolve a disagreement with someone?
36. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your job duties.
37. When have you had to be extra thorough in completing tasks?