8 Accounting Professor User Answer Examples
Why do you want to be an educator?
- I want to share my knowledge and helping people.
- My background and experience have equipped me with the skills to influence student with the knowledge skills in accounting.
- Share knowledge develop minds and skills.
- Because this is the field in which I can be in touch with the young blood and teach them with new way as well as learn from them new ideas.
- I have a passion for working with people of all ages, especially young people. I have a passion and enthusiasm for my subject that I would like to pass onto others.
What three words would your students use to describe you?
- Enthusiasm, teachable, creative.
- Diligent, confident and self motivated.
- Serious, discipline and straightforward person.
- Technically competent. Approachable. Well organised.
- Passionate, patient, fair.
- Dedicated, friendly and knowledgeable.
What is your philosophy towards work?
- Learning is an ongoing activity. I believe in a two way communication and going to the level of understanding of students to make them understand topics. Task given is task done.
- Always, plan for the eventualities and be committed.
- The antithesis of Jerome K Jerome. I break down any project into manageable pieces so that it can be achieved rather than thinking "I need a week before I can start x"
- Teaching is my passion. So I use it as my Prayer and hobby not as job.
- I have a strong work ethic and believe you have to work hard to reap the rewards.
- I have an excellent work ethic and am willing to take the time to help the students to learn and understand.
As an Accounting Professor, what do you believe is your best asset?
- To understand my students level of knowledge and conduct classes accordingly.
- My experiences using accounting principles.
- Motivate people to use their logic to understand things.
- Enthusiasm. Work has an impact. Develop students and research.
- Years of experience teaching accounting.
- Love of my subject and skills for explaining it in a simple easy to understand way.
- Perseverance and commitment to see student succeed.
- My explaination skill, making a hard concept an easy by examples and all. My confidence and technique to teach as per demand of the students.
Why do you want a career as an accounting professor?
- My background and experience have have e.
- Experience and knowledge skills to assist students develop proper accounting knowledge.
- Impact on students, research and therefore policy and practice as well as academic thought.
- I want to help anyone interested in a Business Major be ready for their introductory accounting classes.
- I look teaching and inspiring young people. I love the subject of Accounting and the real life skills you can gain from it. Being an accounting professor is the best of both Worlds.
- This is the only profession where I can get results immediately. There is an immense satisfaction in teaching the subject you like the most.
- It's something I am comfortable with and I know I can do it to become the best in it.
- This is my favourite subject and this is the main subject which directly relates with the live practical exposure. So I like to deal with the young blood to give them new as well as to get something new from them.
Give me an example of a performance assessment.
- Active participation in class, quality of questions asked.
- Evaluation based on class ...
- Give the student a task to complete and have them present their findings to the class.
- A student will be asked to complete a specific project to demonstrate their knowledge.
- Advanced financial - doing a consolidation, ais developing a video with a company to talk about issues related to SDLC, doing group work around reasons for AIS failures, using a real case study.
- When the students ask the questions like what is the applicability of AS-14 in the merger of TATA and Corus etc. Show that they are having good performance not only in study but also in applicability.
- I assess my own performance as an educator by engaging in critical evaluation of my teaching and my students results based on my teaching. I assess my students based on team projects, peer correcting & learning and individual exams based on topics studied.
Other than tests, how do you assess student learning?
- Quizzes, discussions, case studies.
- Quiz and review during the class.
- Essays (I have a number to mark at present), in class through discussions/interaction, other types of assignments, lab work.
- Verbal questioning in class. Getting my students to demonstrate answers on the board. Collaborate learning and assignments through online platforms.
- Ask specific questions and giving projects for demonstration of skills.
How do your life experiences prepare you for teaching?
- Change is the only constant and this keeps me to change with times and help me connect better with students in every way.
- Education, work experience.
- Life experience help me to adapt to changes.
- I have taught in the business, world, given lectures and made presentations.
- They made me confident that I can motivate people, convince them, understand them and teach.
- Very good. Sharebroker. Link to professionals (continuing)
- Basically I am belong to teaching background family. I face problems like I was not having interest in what teacher teaches or the method they use, so I started my own to learn the way and then I started to teach others in a same way.
- I was trained as a accountant and I worked in the field.
- While putting myself through College, I with people of all ages and I can relate to everyone.