15 Machine Shop Supervisor User Answer Examples
Do you have any career goals set?
- Yes ! I have always been one whom set career goals, and striving to continue goal setting until I have reach or exceeded my goals . Once I have obtain my goal as supervisor I than will procue Branch Manger.
- I have an ongoing goal to continue to learn every day.
- Yes I should have enough exp and knowledge to become a successful manager.
What have you done in the past year to become a better Machine Shop Supervisor?
- Over the pass years I have became more aware of standard policies and pass practices and being approachable.
- Many equipment in the shop and improve the company.
- Continued to help others in their daily duties.
- Implement the easiest way to work in shop floor.
What do you like most about being a supervisor?
- Being able to create a work environment were people flourish, come together, building good relationships forming positive teamwork, watching work flow smoothly, reaching or exceeding goals and be accountable.
- An opportunity to learn shop floor activities technically and also to develop the managerial skills.
- Sharing my knowledge and working as a team with others.
- Managing and supervising and sort out the bottle neck if arises.
What is your greatest weakness?
- I cant's say No to anyone.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- I would like to see myself moving forward with a company that has similar aspirations.
- Production manager position.
- Last 5 years l recognized myself ability and leadership quality and decision making.
- Working hard for the company that I'm working for and working to provide the best for my family.
- I think I am a supervisor.
Do you have previous experience as a Machine Shop Supervisor?
- No, but I have served as relief supervisor for a accumulate time of 15 years, I received 120 day promotion as Pneudraulic supervisor, and preform well meeting all schedules and goals of set by my competency lead shop, I held position as work leader for 120 days, I have also competed the co-op, journey to journey program, received a certificate from the department on north Carolina as master craftsmen's ,I received numerous of on the spot awards, top 100 and a graduate of the NLP. I've served as the safe site lead for delta 13 . I also graduate from craven community college with a 3.5 gpa in Machinist /Industrial maintenance . I received a 120 day rotation in 4.3 engineering group on the VH92 Presidential aircraft reviewing and simplifying MTAs to provide ease for the young military men and women to there hands on task.
Do others respect and listen to you?
- Yes ! I respect others and they respect me.
- Yes but if write otherwise self decision.
- Yes I treat everyone with respect so I expect the same.
- Yes I respect other and except the samething.
How would you define success for someone in your chosen career?
- Creating a work environment with respect for others, teamwork, knowing my employees, respect for the safety for one safe and others, increasing my knowledge of the machine shop, being resourceful, meeting the needs of our customers, generating combat power.
- Success is nothing but achievement of your life.
- Having a shop that flows so there is minimal down time.
- Having a team that hit all the KPI's and did it with great communication and collaboration.
How well do you work under pressure?
- I'm one finds that under the pressure of deadlines, I can do some f most creative work . I prioritize responsibility/ plan and efficiently and effective methodological approach.
- Quite good I work under pressure.
- I work well under pressure as I like to spread responsibility around so not one person has everything on there shoulders.
- I feel I work very well under pressure.
What do you know about our company?
- I know it is a progressive accomplished company.
- The Fleet Readiness Center East supports our military groups by providing a quality product, to ensure the safety of the men and women whom are protecting our country . We are one out 4 facilities in the Department Of defense . We focus on safety, quality and through put .
- Very high level management and good products selling in market.
Tell me about your leadership skills.
- I can manage and control the mob by giving them special care or no care.
- I meet everyone and ask their problems and their ideas collect . After I will take decision.
- I like what I want to do.
- Positive thinking, good team work, good communication skills.
- Possitive thinking creating friendly atmosphere.
- I am a proven leader not only at work but as well as the soccer field where I have honed my leadership skills.
- I have had various supervisor positions.
- Positive thinking, dedicating.
- What was the most stressful situation you have faced?
Do you have any managing experience?
- Yes I have serve as supervisor for 120 day and relief for 15 yrs hop steward for 4 years . I am the team lead of 13 people at my church, have create mission statement, purpose and I plan and coordinate events directly for my Pastor .
- I have the experience of Junior manager of Machine shop.
How do you practice safety on the job?
- I practice safety by being in compliance myself, if I'm in compliance my people will follow . I keep all employees aware of safety updates and facility mishaps .
- Encouraging the people should wear Personal safety equipment.
- Always follow the rules of the shop be safety.
Have you ever made a difficult decision as a manager before, what was it?
- While serving my 120 day supervisor position and co - worker whom I had trained, work with and new very well seem to intent ally violate our ppe policy . I consulted them about it, the next day they still were in violation, I issued a sin form . The same employee and one other was violating our break policy/ smoking illegally I verbally counseled them both individually and the behavior stopped . I also was elected by my pastor to select and chair a committee at my church, one of the members never attended meetings, was late for events, not in proper attire and I also counsel them about what our committee goals where, ask them if they read the planning and organization paper work I provided to everyone and ask them to carefully consider if they wanted to be a part of the team . They resign there position as part of the committee.
- Yes because my manager, no experience.
- Difficult situation involving a supervisor.
- When there was no other supervisor.
- By keeping advice of my own according to my others expections I decide the right decisions to be taken.
- Made a difficult decision where no supervisor was available.
- Yes, I once had to let someone go for insubordination.
How do you handle stressful situations?
- I handle them in a collective and organize manner . I plan, research and develop an effect and efficient mythological approach to the situation at hand.
- By thinking and taking efforts on that work with all patience.
- Be patient and think about solution.
- I try and take a step back and take in the whole situation and then make better informed decision.
- Stress is a part of any prosperous business. I feel as long as you accept that you can not only deal with the stress, but can also minimize it.
- Cool and calmly I handle the situation.
What is your greatest strength?
How reliable of a worker are you?
- I am on time, go above and beyond the call of duty to support the war fighter in generating combat power.
- My experience that help me to reliable.
- I have well experience this wiil help me to full fil the requirement.
What do you know about our company?
- You are a proven leader in your field and treat your employees right.
- Many like a lathe machine.
- Big setup, friendly environment.
- I know about your company from outside.
Tell me about your education/training.
- If you faced tranformer is not working? what is your observations..
- Diplomo in mechanical engneering.
- In my education training my instructor is good but in my shop are noit complete the equipment.
What's your ideal company to work for?
- Research and Development Company.
- Any kind of company which provides faithfull in their work.