13 Health and Safety EngineerInterview Questions
How would you rate your creativity?
- "With my earned and experience in my choosing field you can judge I good I am."
- "Safe work practice to follow by company."
- "My rate of creativity is more then 80 %. Because each and every thing I will watch and observe to keep to create my profession."
What do you consider to be your professional strengths? Give me a specific example using this attribute in the workplace.
- "My professional strength is Training & Orientation. Because when I started my carrier from lecturer. Right Now I am working in Arabic people company But with in short period I involved them through their language. Oneday I evacuated more than 20 people from the besement working area consider in confined space that lifting time suspended load swing more speed due to the sudden air. I gave proper signal to them with few seconds all wind up from there befors the load slip."
- "My strengths are listening other patiently, explaining about the topic, Root cause analysis, Safety observation."
- "Communication, Convincing, depth knowledge of procedure and Acop."
What type of people do you work with most effectively?
- "People with team spirit. Always motivate others."
- "I like to work with a friendly environment people that willing to share their earned experiences and knowledge."
- "People with technical expertise in engineering."
- "The one who sticks to the rules and follows them correctly."
Why did you choose a career in safety?
- "I dont want to do govt jobs so I am interst to work in safety."
- "I am compassionate to help people, good communication and delivering skill."
- "3. What goals do you have in your career?"
- "Safety is a profession that help lot of people with regards to health, safety and environment."
- "I workerd with the egiptian people in effectively."
- "Safety is imporatant than other any job in life."
- "Its a challenging job, I hope my knowledge and experience will effectively work."
- "It's a growing field for a candidate like me."
- "I wanted a career that had meaning, and ensuring that people on my job-site go home safely every-night is very rewarding."
- "Because I have required certificate and experience and I love to safe peoples from danger,"
How well do you know our manufacturing process?
- "Yes I am well familiar with your manufacturing process."
- "I am working in similar industries and also searched on web to get enough knowledge."
- "Well enough to implement safety and health policies."
- "Have read your company profile on net and is the same work am done before."
- "It a process involve machinery with human interface."
- "The company manufacturing nitrile butadiene layex (NBD) which use in medical glove & medical device. Styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) use in paper coating."
- "It is defends upon working company nature."
Could you tell me a little bit about your computer skills?
- "I use MS office package, I can do presentation on power point."
- "As I'm a computer science graduate I know complete thing about a company erp and related computer knowledge."
- "I did master of computer application. Hence I well versed in computer skills."
- "I am computer literate, can work in MS office, Aitocadd."
- "I have computer skills on excel, word, power point and email."
- "About the computer skills I have, I am able to install and I can with easy use computer because its similar for me now."
- ". What goals do you have in your career?"
- "I can do basic computer operation like word, excel power point and outlook. Not really the best person with comes to IT technology."
Tell me about a successful safety improvement you created at your last job.
- "Organized interim safety campaign, Participted IIF walkthrough, no one get injured even a minor injuries or bad health."
- "Awareness of safety throughout the work."
- "I told previously that my succesfull is close relationship with worker and proper communication order, training and Continous observtion review."
- "Achieve 10 million safe man hour without LTI"
What experience do you have installing safety devices on our type of machinery?
- "Chalwyn Valve was an important role to play inside the plant."
- "When I was in galvanizing industry their galvazining unit with out isolated and inside huge amount of heat sustain. I deployed sensor door for the isolation of that and deployed ventilation for reducing heat."
Tell me about a time when you investigated a work-related injury and were unable to create a solution.
- "Concrete crew got acne problem after concreting. We searched thoroughly. Long working hours was the main cause. Type of PPE which wasn't avoided."
- "My last investigation that lifting collapse. I investigated that accident was done 20 minutes before end of the shift. The rigging supervisor and two rigger was presented and did correct procedure of safe lifting and barricade. Tower crane operator also competent and all check list has did correct. Tag line also using there. Nature claimate also good. But lifting time suspended load was collapsed and one guy was injuried. I did not know the solution for the accident."
Tell me about a time when you implemented a new safety procedure that was very successful.
- "In 2014 when I got new assignment independently, new client but the previous projects personnel was working with us. Brushing up their mind, and working in live plant was a bit chanllanging."
- "I tell my latest deployment that closed to the worker and weekly traing to them about safety procedure. Conduct the quiz and announce the spot price and every month select three people for safety worker of the month. That is very successful in my carrier."
- "In lifting when horizontal clamps are not secured and I introduced horizontal clamp locker adjacent to each other, No injury happened after that to the riggers."
When did you come up with a creative solution to a problem in the past?
- "Recently resolved through inspection of tools which failing due inferior quality."
- "I told the previous answer for this question answer. This has done in my last compny service."
- "By providing a complete information to the employees."
When is listening important on your job? When is listening difficult?
- "Listening is very important on receiving information, it is a form of communication."
- "All check list and daily inspection report with observation are important. Daily doing the documentation with field monitoring is difficult."
- "Listening is important to know what others think, Difficult only when they are stubborn."
- "The listening important on my job when I was told to act as Site safety Manager when the site safety manager is not around and I done it without any problem even the time the site safety manager came back he told me to continue my work for two weeks before he continue his work .The listening difficult on my job is the day the action general manager call me and tell me to let people working on the 8 meter scaffolding to work without using safety belt."
- "When your are not in focus with the subject or other distraction e, g, noisy or the instructions is quite shortcut in nature."
Tell me about a time when you were able to overcome an obstacle in a creative manner.
- "When there was lots manual handling related injuries were occurring. Started campaign, refresher training and competent personal to carry out work. Reviewed tools & equipments are being used."
- "Dust pollution related to grinding and welding by providing Local exhaust fan required number."
- "Some times I suggested some new procedure to deployement in review. But company postpond due to cost control. Then I will create the practical need to explain the top management. Finally deployed overcome the obstracle."