15 Equity TraderInterview Questions
Why do you want to be a trader?
- "Because it I will have fruitful and sucessful life."
- "As I have done MBA Finance,I have sound knowledge of stock market.Moreover a trader needs accuracy in work which I consider as one of the strengths of mine."
- "I am a fresher. I want to make career in finance as financial analyst. And I think equity trading is strong basement for that."
- "I have completed MMS in finance.. I have interest in share market.. I want to learn everything about share market.. I think equity dealer is the best position to learn everuthing about share market."
- "I have done my mba in finance, and I am a fresher. I need to gain practical knowledge. This profile is great platform for my career to start."
- "Feel to have good convergence of psychological tendencies."
- "Feel to have good convergence of psychological tendencies."
- "I am passionate about finance and the allocation of assets for clients. I am also intrigued about learning the ins and outs about becoming an advanced investor."
- "Because I have studied about market, shares, stock exchanges, derivatives and all all throughout my studies so I want to start my career as a trader so that I get the practical exposure of what I have studies so far and apply the same in my work."
- "For getting Good Knowledge of Share Market And Enhance My skills."
Tell me about a time you took a risk.
- "While for a presentation at post graduation level, was given only 33 minutes to make one & organize team for the presentation."
- "I took risk when I first selected a stock to buy."
- "In trading? I think 40 out of 20 percent in my trading routine I take risk in entering a position. However I capped it."
- "Till the time I will not gain profit."
- "I can say I took a risk of joining MBA course as my graduation marks were bit low.But that risk resulted into the most important and right decision as got an MBA degree without any hassle."
What are your career goals?
- "I want to become finance manger."
- "First to got the experience in particular stock market company and to enhance the knowledge of stock market and then achieve the higher position.."
- "My career goals are to become a trader at first, settle in the field, get an experience and the know-how in the beginning. Then, I would like to become a senior equity trader and use that experience to devise strategies and maybe even to help future traders that want to enter this field."
- "To be a professional trader and dealer, a good stock market analyst."
What are the US Equity Market Hours?
- "According to indian time frame its open 12:30PM to 1:30Pm and colse about 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm."
Why are you the best candidate for us?
- "I have good knowledge about my profession I am ready to accepting challenge,"
- "Since an equity dealer need to have good communication skill I think I posses it well."
- "Because I have the skills as per the job requirement."
- "I posses the skills and knowledge that your company requires."
- "Adaptable, and able to work in a fast-paced environment."
- "I am having an experience of about 10 years working in this position. I have sufficient knowledge require for day to day activities and can handle it single handedly."
- "I have a strong passion for financial markets. I always observe the markets and the news and see how the news can effect stocks and where I can make that potential great trade."
- "Fast decision making. Attention to detail. Interest in all sectors."
- "Best knowledge on equity market, tradings and certified dealer."
- "I am fresher for Equity market, but I have lot of curiosity to get more knowledge about Equity Market."
Why should we hire you?
- "Because my educational field is as per your job requirment."
- "Adaptable and enthusiastic to learn."
- "You may have many other options for this position to select. But I dont know about the rest. What I believe that I meet the minimum requirement for this position, but I am able to do my job at its best requirement. Apart from this my words cannot justify my actions unless I am give an opportunity to perform. So I will be privileged if you avail me this opportunity."
- "I am hard working individual and I work well under pressure."
- "I think I can make a great addition to your team because I will come to work each day ready and prepared for the tasks at hand. I feel that this company values hard work, especially through the mentor and mentee process, and I believe that I can showcase a desire to perform and work at the highest level."
- "Very passionate towards the job and responsibilities a very good team player, quick learner, can work under pressure."
- "As I said, I can handle pressures when it comes. I am flexible with the environment. I believe I could achieve the targets set."
- "I have the necessary skills and passion to succeed in this line of work."
- "I have good communication and technical knowledge."
Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
- "Well entering the field as an equity trader is one of the tough decisions that I have given a lot of thought. I understand that this is a tough environment and success is everything in this business. However, this is something that I love to do, and I do not want to regret later on in not taking a chance and cotamplating what could have been."
- "While changing the previous company."
What previous experience do you have as an Equity Trader?
- "I am fresher but has a basic knowledge about how trading happens, because I have done internship at BMA wealth creators for the period of 3 months."
- "Well I have studied technical analysis and everything about trading on my own. I have opened a brokerage account with Optionhouse and I began to trade my sophomore year, I have to be honest it wasn't successful in beginning but recently I have devised an entry and exit plan for myself and I have been testing the strategy."
- "I was handling the same role in my previous company."
Describe your specific skills related to this job.
- "I know different types of charts & to analyse their performance, I also hold certifications related to this job."
- "I am an investor, I do invest in mutual fund. I have an idea how mutual fund and stock market is interrelated."
- "The fact that during my studies I had to work at the same time enabled me to develop excellent management time skills and work under pressure efficiently. I could say that I am more productive when I work under pressure. As a character I always used to be organized and a hard worker which I condider will be extremely usefull especialy during the training. Last but not least my engangement with several econometrics researches contributed to develop analytical skills."
- "I like the fast paced environment and have been interested in trading since highschool. I am a risk taker who is ready to put in long hours to be successful."
- "I like to complete perform my work with utmost accuracy and attention to detail as well as timely manner.So I think I am quite suitable for this job."
- "I work well under pressure and I am a hard working individual. Even if I do not know something I believe that anything can be achieved if worked hard enough on and if there is the desire to become better at something. Hard work always pays off."
- "Market research, market analysis, following the trends in the industry."
- "I love equity market and how volatile it is in nature you can never be 100 percent sure but you can predict, it is never about the skill but rather to your risk acknowledging capabilities and discipline. It is exotic in my eyes."
- "I can handle clients and having analytic views for stocks."
- "Best execution skill and enormous product knowledge."
How do you handle stress?
- "Completing my targets according to priorities of time."
- "Pressure leads to stress, so firstly I ll try to avoid pressure by completing the work on time."
- "As everyone else I am also stressed. But always in normal ranges. I think that a bit stress allows me to be more productive under certain circumnstances. Eventhough I can handle with stress succesfully when I feel that I am too stressed which happens very rarely I just take a few deep breaths and I am able to continue with what I was doing effectively."
- "I try to handle stress with the most possible way of completing work by stability of mind and error free result."
- "I handle stress by focusing only at the task at hand and not having a concern for anything else. Above all, I always try to stay upbeat and positive and never panic under any circumstances."
- "I will focus on the work, only on work nothing else that gives me results expected results. With out stress."
- "I am very easy going in nature, I think that would benefit me to persevere a stressful environment."
- "Play sports."
- "Well. Calm and collected. Breath First."
- "Relax. Not panic."
What company do you want to work for?
- "I would like to work for a company that is not too far from the place of residence, where I have similar interests to that of my colleagues and where I can do what I love to do, which is to trade. A place where I can exchange ideas and where people accept me for who I am."
Define risk. What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?
- "Risk is the possibility of an event occurring that is opposite of what one expects it to be. The biggest risk that I have taken was my sophomore year when I invested in couple of risky stocks. Unfortunately this was during the debt ceiling crisis and I lost $800 in the process. However, I think it was a positive experience because I ended up experiencing and knowing the importance of risk and that one always needs to protect their position before thinking about potential gains."
Pitch me an equity trading idea that is purely based on macroeconomics.
- "Well never fight the Fed. During the easy money policies when interest rates are low, it is good time to invest in small cap stocks because they tend to outperform the large-cap stocks."
- "An equity trading idea that is purely based on macroeconomics?"
How are your communication skills?
- "I believe that I have excellent communication skills. One of my management professors taught me the importance of communications. One great trick is to ask a questions about the directions, or when someone gives you orders, you retell the orders to the person to make sure that none of the details are missed."
Do you have previous experience as an Equity Trader?
- "I have a small amount of experience when it comes to equity trading. Everything that I have learned and any knowledge that I have accumulated was mostly on my own. However, I want to know more and I am eager to learn and apply my knowledge to the financial markets."
- "I yet to have experience as equity trader but I have 3 decades of equity investing."