13 Casino Security User Answer Examples
What do you like most about this job?
- What I would like most about this job is that you will have different.
- The challenges and when able to help someone.
- The opportunity to interact with customers while keeping the environment safe from harm.
- Working with people and serve and protect.
- Apart from it is an exciting job as you will learn different casino games, you will surely enjoy your work especially if you're really into interacting with guests.
- The ability to make a positive impact.
- Cheking suspicious behaviours.
- Securing assets in a large company and being able to help secure a professional facility.
- The friendly environment and advance opportunities.
- I like that I get to meet a variety of people.
Do you work well with others?
- Yes, I wok with many people in Nepal Police organization.
- Yes I work well with others it also depends on the task when it comes to brainstorming new ideas.
- Yes I am a people person.
- Yes I like people and know that we won't always get along or agree on things but I am willing to listen and give them the respect of being an equal at work.
- I am not only a leader but a good team player as well.
What does this role mean to you?
- I'm an important team member that the company and patrons need.
- It means I have the chance to possibly stop a criminal and make the facility a safer environment with a set of observant eyes.
- Role eans woke arawend and takeyer.
- That I would be able to progress more in different positions.
- It means I am able to keep my customers and employees safe.
- A chance to learn a new profession and a means to support my family.
- Someone with a good character someone likeable.
- I can make a positive impact on my environment.
- This role means that I will have more stability for my future plans and career plans.
What would you say separates you from other candidates?
- I am always fully committed to my job and what I need to do on an every day basis.
- I feel I have a level head and temperament to do a good job.
- My age and elife experiences.
- My integrity honesty communication skills and my ability to work with others.
- We all have gain different skill in our past jobs.
- I have the experience and life skills for this job. I am also confident in doing my duties.
- I am easy to get along with I am never late to work. I don't call out sick and I will give my full attention to my job.
- I have experience in this filled I like to make sure I do whatever i can to make sure the customers are ok.
- With my 26 years of experience in the field of Security, from being a soldier and Security Manager and as a Risk Management Consultant, I believe I can contribute in the iverall security package of the company which will also contribute to the continued success of the company..
- Iam a good listener buy am able to apply good feedback as well.
What would you do if you suspected a guest was cheating?
- I would confront the suspect and she what he or she is doing. Then ask them to leave the casino.
- Confront and take them to the side to talk.
- I would immediately notify my supervisor and continue to maintain surveillance.
- Speak to a floor supervisor.
- Notify supervisor immediately.
- I would contact my supervisor and let them know my concerns.
- Make notes and report to supervisor.
- I would first communicate with surveillance to watch over the suspected player. And then report it to the next chain of command.
- I would report it to management.
- Will report to the security manager and seek guidance. However, if I am allowed to do what is needed to do, I will seek confirmation from other staff if the guest is actually cheating. If it is confirmed, I will approach the guest and respectfully ask him/her to leave the premises.
How would you handle an employee who was breaking company policy?
- I would document it and take it to my supervisor and their supervisor as well.
- Report circumstance to my supervisor.
- I would tell them that what they are doing is wrong and it is not fair to the rest of the employee's who are falling the rules as set out by the management.
- Report them to supervisor.
- I would report it to management.
- I would notify the right people management.
- I would confront the employee how was breaking the rules and tell them it's wrong what your doing and I will have to report this to the supervisor.
- Warn the employee that breaking policy is not acceptable.
- I would follow company's protocol and report any suspicious activities.
- Notify the appropriate manager.
Are you a risk-taker?
- I'm not a risk taker. I like structure and policies and rules.
- I Am not really a risk taker I prefer to do things the right way.
- Yes I like to achieve accomplishments and go beyond the expectations.
- No I do my job as I am told and taught.
- Yes. I have always taken risks in my life, starting from being a soldier up to the present.
- Yes not all the time I think before I make a decision only if it helps everyone.
- Yes but only within the confines of the rules set forth.
Can you describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult coworker?
- One time an employee was not nice to the customers and I had to report them.
- I was a cook at a restaurant and a employer couldn't take the fast pace business and was threatening to quite and leave and I motivated them to stay.
- I had to reqist management to fire a person for continued insubordination and tardiness. It does not only affects his duties but also his othet teammates and eventually lowers the morale of the whole team.
- When I was roofing I had my co worker yell at me and tell. Me what to do with foul language.
- Pulled that co worker to the side and talked about the issue.
Why did you choose to pursue a career in Casino Security?
- To enhance and utilise my security experience.
- I wanted to expand my knowledge and skills in a different career path.
- I am working in another area at the casino and felt this opportunity would be great for me.
- I feel I have found my niche in life. people have always fascinated me.
- I want to try different things and I like meeting new people I also like to keep people safe it makes me feel good about myself because I like helping others.
- To learn more, every job at a security company is different and to improve.
- Exciting place to work, room for growth.
- I needed a job and I wanted to learn a new career option.
- I feel that I have the skills to work security and that the casino is a great organisation to work with and be a part of.
- Because of the benefits and I want to work at a casino.
What do you like least about this job?
- I Have enjoyed working in this field and I have met a lot of new people my over all experience was okay.
- The fact I will work with other and work in a professional setting and help others.
- Nothing everything seem to be going excellent.
- There is nothing I could say.
- The walk from the furthest parking lot.
- This is my first job in casino security so I can't really give you and answer.
- Not only about the pay but also the challenges that I will face that keeps me alert and my brain working..
How will you fit in with our companys culture?
- I have been with this company almost a year and fit in very well.
- I feel I fit in to this companys culture because I am a people person, conscientious and honest.
- Good with my bilingual experience.
- I am native and I will fit in just right.
- I am a people person and have 25 years of experience in learning what is expected of me and fitting in should not be an issue.
- I can always adapt.. That is one of the things that I do.
- Iam native American and in good physical health I'm young.
- I am open to new things and think I will manage just perfect.
Why are you leaving your current job?
- I'm not able to advance into a high profile guard.
- I am currently unemployed.
- I'm currently not employed.
- I am currently still employed.
- I am currently unemployed.
- I had to migrate from the Philippines to the US
How would you handle an upset guest?
- Investigate why upset and provide solutions.
- Speak to them and let them discuss what the problem is.
- I would communicate professional and contact a floor supervisor.
- Try to understand and what's going on and make them fell at home.
- See what I could calm him down a soda or coffie.
- I would first ask them if I could help them with the issue they are having and assure them that if I couldn't I would contact the person who could.
- I would start by making sure with myself, that the reason they are upset does not escalate their demeanor. Calmly confirm their concerns and advise them, that there concerns mean a lot to the casino, and to refer them to either HR, Security Supervisor, and or Casino Public Relations Dept.
- I will talk to him while giving him all due respect. Talk about the problem and suggest solutions to it.
- Call for backup make sure they are in route then approach the guest with a calm demeanor and ask them if they are having a problem with another guest or is it personal.
- I would listen to their concerns and try to assist them in an amicable resolution.