11 Arborist Interview Questions with 25+ User Answer Examples
Why do you want a career as an arborist?
- I love working outdoors and using my hands. I love nature and preserving this worldwide but more importantly in my community.
- Being an Arborist allows me to combine my joy of being outside, working with my hands, and Horticulture.
- My appreciation for forests was instilled in me from childhood. I want to become an expert of tree care and do my my part to car for trees.
- I want a career as an arborist because trees are an integral part of our urban system and mainting them in optimal health so that they can continue to provide environmental, economic and asthetic value well into the future. Trees in urban areas are faced with many environmental and man made conditions not typical of trees growing in the forests and properly managing them for long term status in our community is very important.
What major challenges and problems did you face at your last position?
Why should we hire you?
What is the most difficult situation you have had to face and how did you tackle it?
- Repeating 8th grade I focused and accomplished my goals.
Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision.
- Once during a combat vehicle recovery mission, our team was faced with a 18 ton vehicle that had rolled over on itself multiple times. With the lifes of our secruity and ourselves being risked the longer we sat still, a quick descion was made to salvage sesntive items, and have EOD come and destory what was left.
- I was climbing one day and a storm was coming in, I was about forty feet up in a red pine, the rain came on strong and the wind did faster I got my safety straps and came down as quick and safe as I could I now know to check the weather before I climb.
What is your philosophy towards work?
- Work should be enjoyable but you're being paid to provide a service which should be the most professional.
- Put in an honest day's work and professional attitude to both customers and associates.
- I apply myself to the best of my ability. I believe that work is what keeps people involved in life and I feel like doing a good job is important.
Why are you the best arborist for us?
- I work well independently but better in a team with my interpersonal skills I posse. I have great motivation regardless of the weather I will be happy and get the job done.
- Computer years experience, knowledge of the industry practical experience.
- Because I have formal training in forestry, I have spent almost 5 years working for the best/most well qualified local tree care company, I know how to work with a variety of individuals as well as organizations to get tasks done. I have worked for LFUCG in the past and so have some experience with how to work within the government. I also feel like the need to educate the public on the importance of trees and how to care for them is very important and that the role of public servant is a vital outlet to disseminate that kind of inforamtion.
- I am not scared of climbing or using a saw I will do whatever you ask me to do.
- Hard working, safe, open to different ways of operating.
What makes you passionate about being an Arborist?
- Passions for nature and our Eco systems we live in. More and more people are becoming increasingly more aware of environmental destruction and if I can play a small part than I can sleep better.
- Ability to assess and propose recommendations.
- I love trees. I feel like trees are the reason we are able to thrive on this planet.
- I have previous experience and it is something I enjoy doing, and I can learn alot from.
- I love climbing trees and I care about the preservation of trees.
What do you feel is the most important skill an arborist should possess?
- Understanding of types of trees. Common sense and ability to adapt to different situations.
- The abblitey to think quickly under perisher.
- Analytical skills and knowledge of health and safety for arboriculture industry.
- Being safe good knowledge.
- I feel like the most important skill an arborist needs to possess is basic knowledge of tree physiology. along with that, the ability to explain how a tree works and why that is important, both to the individuals tasked with managing trees as well as to tree owners.
What are you doing to keep current in technology?