4 Agricultural Sciences Teacher User Answer Examples
What excites you about being an Agricultural Teacher?
- There are many facets about being an Ag. Teacher that excite me, from building leaders to training winning teams to traveling, but perhaps the thing that excites me the most is look on their face when I make believers out of them. Everything from classwork, contests, show projects and everything in-between.
- What excites me is the fact that the industry is always changing. If I were to be hired the teach, what I teach one year could be something totally different the next. For example, tractors are becoming more complicated to work on and are now steering towards more electronically controlled systems when they used to be mainly mechanical. I'm excited at the opportunity to keep learning about the industry as it changes and being able to pass that knowledge onto students as years progress.
- Being a fundamental part of a students education in agriculture. Passionate about sharing knowledge and experiences to students. Watching students learn and get excited about agriculture.
- Relating content to real world experience.
- Well, I consider Agriculture as a major source of food we eat, provide us with job and enable us to reduce poverty in our community. As an individual with knowledge and skills in this subject, I would like to be a teacher to educate learners and make them understand the importance of Agriculture to family, country and worldwide.
- Teaching learners, theory and practice make me feel good.
- Teaching them theory and practicals on a subject that provides food insecurity solution to the community, country and world excites me.
- The ability to influence a growing adolescent and assist them in achieving their goals and working towards the intended career path.
- Educating and molding the future of the agriculture industry.
- The ability to expand the students knowledge about agriculture, most people today are so removed from agriculture they have idea how expensive it is and the importance of it. It's something anyone can be passionate about.
How many years experience do you have in agricultural?
- Winning contest and designing and making projects.
- I have always been involved with it one way or another throughout my life. Growing up, I always had a strong interest in tractors and that continued through high school and college. My freshman year of high school I began working at a local greenhouse and gained a lot of knowledge there and for almost the last four years I have been involved in the equipment industry, having the opportunity to work at two different dealerships getting to work on several different types of equipment.
- I have spent 25 years in the equine industry. 5 years at Michigan State obtaining my B.S. In Animal Science. 4-5 years in 4-H and over 8 years in High School Equestrian Teams.
- I have been privileged enough to have been raised on a show farrow to finish hobby farm, that lead me to cultivate a passion for the industry. Due to this passion, it has led me to have have experienced.
- I had one year experience as a primary school Teacher.
- Approximately 5, including some time in veterinary hospitals as well as working in a barn with larger livestock.
- I began show animals as a child at the age of 8 and have continued my involvement throughout the years.
- All of my life I have been involved in agrucultre. From teacheing, learning and running my own production farm.
- I have 10 years teaching agriculture and ten years industry experience in broad acre cropping.
What experiences do you have in teaching?
- My experience with teaching is limited, but in college I had the opportunity to be a TA for a class. I helped the teachers set up the lab for each week and even had the opportunity to teach students how to different types of equipment operated in the field with different types of attachments. This provided me valuable insight into how a classroom lab should run most efficiently.
- Student teaching plus one semester in Drummond montana.
- I have spent 4-5 years in 4-h as a mentor, leader. 4 years as a coach of multiple high school equestrian teams. I have 19 years experience as a riding instructor working with children of all ages and some with disabilities.
- I only have one year experience in teaching agriculture.
- I have tutored science for a year or 2 now. I was also a counselor at a camo where I lead large and small group activities. Also, I volunteered for the annual Barn Day at my college where they bring in all the surrounding elementary schools and we taught them some of the fundamentals of agriculture.
- I have been teaching for the last two years.
- My teaching experiences are related to my times as being a leader in 4h and sports. I was president of my 4h club and women's team captain for Woodsmen.
- Teaching students from different backgrounds and those from rural and isolated regional areas. I worked with Aboriginal students and those from a minority background.
What areas of agricultural are you most experienced in?
- I am most experienced in ag mechanics and shop related classes because that is what I am most passionate about and because of my shop experience I have had at previous jobs. I am also strong in the animal portion of agricultural because of my job experiences on two large cattle ranches and cause of my experience with showing when I was in high school.
- I am most experienced in the area of ag mechanics. It was always an interest growing up and this continued through college, working at a lawn and garden dealership and a construction dealership.
- Science, natural resources and forestry.
- Equine Science and Animal Science, Food Animal related to livestock.
- Animal science is my strong suite, how the animal body and bodily processes work.
- Judging livestock, veterinary technician and LDE's.
- Animal science and animal production.
- Animal physiology.
- Plant Production.