26 Grocery BaggerInterview Questions
Why do you want a job?
- "Because I want to be able to support my familys needs."
- "Use this as a steping stone to a better future."
- "I have to start working at some point. It'll be a learning experience for me like I said before. And I need to work on my people skills and this will be a great way to help me out and the store."
- "Because it teaches responsibly."
- "I want more of a learning experience, especially with a great company such as Publix."
- "To earn a little extra cash and to get into the world of working at a young agr."
- "Need money to pay my bills and to support my mom."
- "I am ready for more responsibility."
- "I want the job so that I can sustain an income for the first time in my life and gain work experience to develop my life skills in the future."
- "Because I want to be able to buy for things my self with my own money."
How would you handle working a double on a Saturday?
- "Its motivation to work harder."
- "I would do the work, and I would do it to the best of my ability."
- "Yes its no hassle to work."
- "I would do it without complaining."
- "I wouldn't let it effect me I would treat it like any other work day."
- "If I had no other pre committed plans, I would be okay with it."
- "I love multitasking job.. Depends on how hard it is."
- "I would manage my time wisely and and continue to finish the job that is at hand."
- "I would be prefectly fine with that."
- "Having a work you should be always ready. To work double on a saturday, just handle it like a regular day.Just keep yourself focus on every task assigned to you."
Working here deals with trust, can I count on you?
- "Of course I would never do anything to get my family taken away from me."
- "Yes you can count on me because I do not want to ruine my reputation of being a trustful and reliable person to work with."
- "Yes I am very commitment person."
- "Yes, I am very trustworthy."
- "Yes. I take pride in myself that I am always honest."
- "I can give you loyalty 100%"
- "Yes of course, I believe being trustworthy is very important and if you give me the opportunity to work here I hope that I can gain your trust from my actions."
- "Of course you can, if you need my assistance for any reason i'll always be right there no matter what."
- "Yes, I am very trustworthy and dependable."
- "Trust is the most important aspect for everyone. And to earn trust from others is hard to get. Yes you can count pn me."
Your car breaks down on the way to work, what would you do?
- "Call AAA, take the bus, uber, or walk the rest of the way."
- "Call a tow truck and walk to work."
- "I would have no problem getting to work I live very close."
- "I would call my boss and tell him or her what happened and then I would make sure I got there as soon as possible."
- "I would find another ride."
- "Call someone to fix my car, call my work place and tell them I will be late and I am very sorry. Hopefully be able to take a taxi."
- "I would inform my supervisor and figure out how to get to work as quickly as possible."
- "Call my manager and notify him or her that my car broke down and try to see if I can get a ride from a friend."
- "I would take the bus or a cab anything to get me into work and called boss and tell him whats going on."
- "I would call my boss and tell him my situation and try to find an alternate way to get to work."
Do you plan on going to college?
- "Yes, I plan on going on to receive my bachelors degree in an unknown major."
- "Yes I plan on going to Michigan state university for stuff like nurseing and babysitting."
- "Eventually. One reason I need a job is to help pay for college."
- "Yes I plan on going to college to become a video game designer."
- "Yes, I would like to go for a science major."
- "If theres an opportunity why not."
- "I do plan on going to college, since I just graduated, but it is not in my immediate future."
- "I do plan on going to college since I just graduated this May, but it is not in my immediate future."
- "Yes if it's possible."
- "Yes I plan on going to college in majoring in dentistry."
Do you take work seriously?
- "I take work beyond serious because I am not only setting a reputation for myself but also the company that I am working for and I like to leave a good thought on the customers mind about this company."
- "Yes. I have very professional values when it comes to my job."
- "Yes my job is important to me."
- "Yes because if I mess up I could be in big trouble."
- "I take work very seriously, I like to be competitive with myself, and always try to be better and better at my work."
- "Very seriously I cant risk losing my job."
- "Of course, I do anything worth being done to the best of my ability."
- "Of course its work and my fund but I also take pleasure in working."
- "Yes. If any task requires someone else depending on me I will give it my all to get work done in a timely and orderly fashion."
Why get a job? Why not sit around all day?
- "Because I have to work if I want to be successful in life and get to where I want to be."
- "Sitting around makes me too comfort and making my world smaller, getting a job gets me out of my comfort zone and makes my world bigger little by little."
- "Getting a job will prepare me for the work force so when I get older and out of high I can be ready to take on more jobs."
- "Because you become a couch potato and then that's gross."
- "Stability I've seen your companies history and I love how you guys run things."
- "Because that's not why you hired me to sit around you hired me to work."
- "So I can feel productive and help others out."
- "Getting a job will help pay my bills and further my skills to get a higher position."
- "To make my own income and earn valuable experience."
- "I like to be active, I don't like la6i8ng around the house."
I have a stack of 100 applicants, what can you say about yourself that would make me want to hire you?
- "Almost everone in my family has workd here and said its a company that thrives to build a big family and I want a chance to apart of something great like that."
- "I am a hardworker I have been homeless for quite some time now and I am just nopw getting back on my feet and just got a stable home again with my 1 year old daughter and my 12 day old baby with no money I am borrowing money every month from my parents and they are running short too so that is why you should hire me so I have a way to keep my bills paid and my kids fed at all times I dont care about me I just care if the kids are fed when they need to be."
- "I love to work and its a beautiful curse because I put the task in front of me until I get it done."
- "I'm hard working, dedicated, willing to pick up other's slack and won't take sick days. (unless im dying)"
- "I am a very outgoing person, and love helping others. I am involved in many activities and enjoy running, hiking, and spending time outdoors. I think i'd be a great addition to the company because I work well with others."
- "I am a responsible person and I am a hard worker."
- "The amount of experience I've had with customers that can difficult at times, my grades, dedication, and I take part in my fire/emergency medical services academy."
- "I am great in communication skill im hard working ability to solve problems."
- "I am reliable and I follow through with things."
- "From a very young age I have some experience with assisting customers with what they need and working with your company will make me even more motivated to help the company continue its long history of making their customers happy."
How often are you late for school?
- "I am never late to school I catch the bus to and from school."
- "At school I dont have experience late to school because my school are walking distnce."
- "I could go a month without being late for school. I make sure I have enough, sometimes more than enough, time to prepare."
- "I am not kind of person who came late in school. I always arrive at school 1 hour before my class starts."
- "If the bus comes late but other then that I am always on time to school."
- "I've never been late to school in my 3 years in Highschool today."
- "I was not late often to school."
- "I have never been late to school."
- "That's dependent on my bus driver."
- "If the bus comes late but other then that I am always on time to school."
Are you often absent from school?
- "No, I enjoy learning and going to school."
- "No I barely ever stay home from school even when im sick."
- "No I am not I take school very serious and to become a successful person it requires being on time."
- "Rare I was only gone cause if dentist and I wold just go back to school."
- "No, I am very rarely absent from school."
- "I am not absent very often, if I am its because I have an appointment at the end of the day."
- "No I am never absent and I came prepare always when I go to school."
- "No, I'm rarely absent."
- "Not in school right now. When I was in school I never missed any days unless extremely sick."
Why should we hire you?
- "Because I would like to help everyone and I an a people person."
- "Because I need some money."
- "Because I am going to work hard and never perform less than I am expected to."
- "I'm outgoing on time and get along well with others."
- "You should hire me because I am a responsible, respectful and a hardworking employee."
- "You should hire me because I can assure you my fully dedication to work."
- "I felt like this was a stepping stone to a good future and I love to work."
- "I have lots of time open for dedication to anything. I wanna try new things and this job will be a learning experience for me."
- "You should hire me because im a hard worker love to help people and always has a positive go to attitude."
- "I'm a very hard worker and Iam responsible."
What previous jobs have you held?
- "I had no real job but I worked at a shop."
- "I have held my last four jobs as a Summer Camp Counselor. One position I held was at BJC as a Media Team worker."
- "I worked at my church for a while and I have been giving my neighbor's son guitar lessons. He is slow mentally."
- "I was a Server at The Atrium for over a year now."
- "Horse camp counselor, babysitter."
- "On call jobs.. Public Relations job."
- "I have not held any prevoius job with a major company."
- "This is my first time pursuing a position."
- "If hired this would be my first job."
- "Un armed security guard, supervisor at mentally ill boarding care home."
How many hours a week are you hoping to get?
- "What is the value of this work."
- "I hope to be working about 25 hours a week if it is posible."
- "I am not picky with hours, I will take as little or as many hours as you are willing to give me. Since I am not in school however, I am hoping to be able to work 35-40 hours per week."
- "As much that is available."
What extracurricular activities do you part-take in?
- "I participate in marching band, drum line, guitar ensemble, and robotics."
- "Extracurricular activities I take part in are school clubs such a black student union to know more about my history and background and homework club to help me prepare for upcoming quizzes and test."
- "Baseball, chess, choir, dance,"
- "Basketball, video games, kappa league."
- "Well I do volunteer at the first samoan assembly church on lucretia and help clean up after services ."
- "Feed my Starving Children."
- "I do anything and I promise."
- "Not many I usually spend my time working."
- "Cross country, track and field."
- "I am part of a book club after school."
Do you have an interest in our company?
- "Yes because I have been studying you and found it pretty time consuming."
- "You sell many family friendly things, and aren't overpriced or bad quality, in my eyes making Kroger a model grocery store."
- "I think the service here is wonderful. My family shops here frequently when we need groceries and we are never let down."
- "Ive seen all the accomplishments you guys have done and I would like to be part of the change and help."
- "Yes. I shop at BI-LO and love the feel of it and the employees."
- "Yes I can respect to all of people."
- "Yes I do think your company has kept a good track record in helping customers and making this world a better place."
- "Yes. It would be a great honor to work in your Company."
- "Yes, this is one of the first places I considered."
- "Yes, I this is the platform where I can enchance my communication skills."
We are a team environment here, can you work together with others?
- "Most certainly. I am a good worker and can take orders very well."
- "I am the perfect candidate with working with my peers and I am very sociable so the will have a big impact."
- "Yes I can I love to interact with people."
- "Yes by being in marching band we have to work together."
- "I can work very well and effective with others."
- "Yes mam/sir I love to cooperate by groups."
- "Yes, I have countless of time worked within groups in my time in the summer camp, school, and as well as in the flea market."
- "Yes. I am a team player. Being a team player you should always be ready to lead others but most importantly to work with them without conflicts."
- "Yes, working together with others is very important I believe it creates synergy. Team work supports a more empowered way of working."
- "Yes, I get along with others."
If another employee or manager accused you of stealing, what would you do?
- "I would go through the proper channels of how you deal with those things and prove I am innocent."
- "I would let you check all my stuff and I would tell you straight up that I wouldnt do it."
- "Ask for proof. If none provided. Go to security camera of suspected time and date. Ask others."
- "Stay calm and say I would never steal from work and I don't intend to but I would also ask why would they accuse me if I hadn't done such a thing."
- "I would probably go to my manager and want to find out why they would think you steal. I take pride in the fact I raised not anything body."
- "I would do whatever it took to prove that I didn't steal anything."
- "I would tell them the truth about what happened, and be honest as I possibly can."
- "I tried to defense myself that I will not do that anymore ."
- "I will prove that your company that im clean and trust worthy."
- "There's no way that would happen."
You forget you have a paper to write and its due the next day, how would you go about covering your shift or would you still work?
- "Its my responsibility to balance school and work so I would still work and during my break, before and after work I would work on the paper."
- "I would ask if fellow worker can cover my hours for me so I can finish a paper and soon return the favor or I will work my shift and stay up and finish my paper that's due the next day."
- "My work comes frist and I can get the paper done later I shouldn't have let the paper be pushed off like that."
- "Still work, just would try to plan it out on my free time and then write it when I get home."
- "I would see if my shift can be covered. If it can't I'll work and lose sleep to finish my paper."
- "I would cover my shift, and during breaks and lunch I would work on my paper."
- "I would still come to work for my shift but then when I get home from work, I'd work on it until I finish it and also I'd work on it in any free time that I had."
- "If I could get my shift covered I would, but if I can't I would work. I would never call out of a shift without being covered."
- "I would still work and come home when and do it."
- "I would still work and come home when and do it."
Another employee called off sick, you have to stay for an extra two hours, how would you handle this?
- "I will handle it in my best so that even there is a problem I did something way to reduced it."
- "I would be fine as long as I can get home to my family."
- "I would do a favor for that employee and stay longer until they are able to work again."
- "I wouldnt stay I don't mine."
- "No biggie if its not a repeated problem."
- "I would take on my teammates responsibility with no problem."
- "I would look at it in a positive manner and wouldn't worry about it."
- "I would go about it maturely and work the extra hours without complaining or getting mad about it."
- "I am willing to do his or her extra 2 hours i go for over time."
- "I would do it. Unless something was extremely important. But I would absolutely do it."
A customer says you gave her an attitude while bagging her groceries, how do you handle this?
- "Let her think what she wants I dont like arguing with customers."
- "I ask if there is a camera near the place of the incident that was filming at the time of the incident and show evidence that I wasn't."
- "I apologize to her, and ask her what gave her the impression."
- "Apologize immediately and tell her it's nothing to do with her."
- "I am sorry if you took it that way, but my intentions were not make feel that I had an attitude."
- "I would be honest about whether I did or not."
- "I would apologize and explained that I didn't mean to give her a tone."
- "Apologize and adjust the attitude."
- "Say sorry for what I act and not to do it anymore.."
- "I would calm him or her down."
Have you had any cash handling experiences?
- "Yes I have had cash handling experiences I practice with a family member as I will in a real job."
- "Yes. Birthday money, christmas money, chore money, helping people build computers."
- "Yes. When I was at Kids Across America, I was in charge of the camp store where the kids could purchase things."
- "Not much, but I am very good with numbers."
- "Yes, I have worked concession stands for school functions."
- "Yes I have been a cashier."
- "No, I have had no cash handling experience so far."
- "I worked as a cashier for Dairy Queen for several months, so yes, I do have some cash handling experience."
- "No I have not."
- "No but I can train to work with money like taking care of the cash registers at night when the store closes or even in the morning when we first open."
A customer complains to you about her bread being smashed, what do you do?
- "Talk to his/her and then starts fixing the mistakes doned."
- "Ask her a couple of questions and get it figured out calmly."
- "You get her another bread that is not smashed and apologized."
- "Offer an exchange. Customer is always first."
- "I would tell my supervisor about the situation and try to get her another loaf of bread."
- "I would get her some new bread that isn't smashed."
- "I would offer my assistance, and talk to my supervisor about her getting a refund or directing her to costumer service."
- "Say sorry and offer to replace it."
- "I will ask my manager if we can exchanged it for good and new bread again."
- "Apologize and make things right."
Will you still have time to complete your homework even with a job?
- "Yes I attend homework club and its helps manages the work and my school work from each other."
- "Yes. I know how multitask and adjust my schedule to make room for homework."
- "Yes I would. I have planned that out in detail in my head."
- "Yes, I see no problem with having time for both."
- "Yes! because nothing is impossible as long as you are decided to do it. It will happened just try and try until you successs."
- "Yesi can do it after work."
- "Yes theres always time to do it."
- "Yes, I've done it many times."
What are your plans after high school?
- "Well sense I am only a freshman I am still open minded and explore my careers but at the moment I am taking extra medical classes to help me follow my moms foot steps and soon work in the medical field as a hygienist."
- "Join mechanic classes and be in baseball and work."
- "To go to uc dan diego and get the medical school requirements and go into med school."
- "Thinking about going into the military as a drone operator. If it looks less appealing in a few years, I'll probably major in computer science or something with finance."
- "To go to school and get a degree and hopefully be able to move up in management with Dierbergs."
- "My plans is to graduate college get a job and become a successful business man."
- "If I don't get a scholarship or have enough money to go to college to get an engineering degree, I might go into the military."
- "Going to a good college and getting a steady job for my kids."
- "Work somewhere full time until I am stable, and able to get through college."
- "Go to college then university."
Why are you looking for work?
- "So I can keep my family fed without my parents help."
- "I am looking for work because it will help me prepare my self for more jobs and careers out of high school."
- "I just turned 16 and I wanted to get experience, and money for the future."
- "I want to have job experience and help out my Dad with bills if possible."
- "To help my family with household bills and buy a car."
- "So that I can start saving up for a car and college."
- "I am looking to work, because I feel that it is time to move up from my current job, and go somewhere, where they treat the employees fairly and respectfully."
- "It for a class at school."
- "To get a good income for myself and to broaden my life skills for my future."
- "I want to make my time useful and have the experience of working."
What would three of your high school teachers say about you?
- "I am smart, hard working, can work in a grouo, and a good at making the mood better."
- "I am a good hardworking student and I can keep all my grades up even with two children."
- "He is clever, he is a fast learner, & he is helpful."
- "They will say I am a very happy and movivated person that is great."
- "That im hardworking, smart, and organized."
- "Hard worker, good listen, and best student in my class."
- "I'm very outgoing and happy student. I'm very respectful. I pay attention and get along well with others."
- "I follow direction well. Turn in assignments on time. Good team worker and class mate."
- "I am VERY hard working, dedicated, and I do the best of my abilities."
- "Jolly kind thoughtful and trust worthy."