10 Tax Revenue Officer User Answer Examples
Describe a difficult project and how you overcame it?
- I was assigned a project where I was to create direct withholding letters for a list of non resident aliens performing at a festival. The project was difficult and time consuming. However I over one this challenge by strategically breaking up the list and working a set at a timely manner and efficiently.
- Dealing with drunk people.
- It was brought to my attention that I had received a document and the document was needed. I create a logging system for all incoming and outgoing document and the document in question was not logged in the incoming document log and the date in question the document was misplaced I was sick and not at work. I made check to find out who was assigned duties at my desk for the day and the individual acknowledge receiving the document but had misfiled it on another file. The document was recovered from the incorrect file and hand to my superior. The individual was then given a proper run through of my desk in the event that I would not be at work because of illness.
- I had the task of organizing a field exercise, it was difficult because the organization hadn't completed one in over 5 years and everyone assigned to the organization had participated in one I had to have several meeting and recon to get all required equipment and personnel ready and available.
- I was assigned a process while at Lowes of going to other stores as part of a resent/ pack down team within other stores in our district. The project was difficult at first because it was working with new people and interaction with unfamiliar faces. I overcame this by introducing myself to the other team members and offering to help them on any other projects as needed. By being outgoing and professional I quickly gained a reputation for being professional and for being a great team player.
Give an example of a time when you made a mistake because you did not listen well to what someone had to say.
- There was a time when I first started my current position and built a case on ICS and put the incorrect taxpayer location code. The manager notified me of my error and I immediately corrected on ICS. I created a Microsoft document to create a step by step process of building the case so I would not make this mistake again.
- I wrote down what I remembered, thought about it and then called them to clarify areas where I had questions about our conversation.
- Presently I have not had a case of making a mistake on the job. But if I were faced with such a case I would firstly apologize for not carrying out my job functions effectively and speak with my superior to see best how the situation can be resolved.
- As a postal clerk it is important to listen, I made a mistake by sending a parcel as a first class flat instead of a first class parcel because it was hard and not flexible changing its class of mail.
- I haven't had this happen. Most of the time I take in what others give me for advice.
- I had to take my daughter to a new doctors appointment in an office that I was unfamiliar with. When my wife gave me directions for the new location I did not listen to all of the details so we were late for her appointment. I learned form this mistake that I need to be sure and note important details so that mistakes would not be made. In this job it would be important to document the interactions between clients so that errors would not be made in determining the next course of action for a delinquent taxpayer.
- When I was in class my teacher told me.
- I was preparing a tax return as.
What made you decide to apply for a career as a tax collector?
- I always wanted to be a revenue officer to help people who are struggling with their tax obligations and help them to be compliant. I also have a bachelor of science in criminology so this will be a great position for me to expand my career.
- That's just it I'm looking for a career. The past two years working on the accounting department at a car dealership I didn't feel stable or that I could go any further within the company. Not only is tax collecting in my field of study, I've always had in my mind that I wanted to learn more about and even do taxes one day and with the right company I have a chance of advancement with the more I learn.
- That's just it I want a career. The past two years working in the accounting department at a car dealership I didn't feel stable or that I had many opportunities for advancement. I've always wanted to learn more about and do taxes. I feel it's a career I can inform and help people that do not understand how taxes work and expose the ones that try to take advantage or take short cuts.
- I am detail oriented and understand collecting the revenue for the town, keeps the school and town running smoothly.
- I like challenging work. I love to do public dealing.
- I know this is a field that I can best utilize the skills and knowledge I have learnt over the years and the interaction with both internal and external customers in ensuring that my job is done effectively and efficiently.
- Right combination of experience and skills.
- Always like collections and like to see people squirm.
- I've always been interested in tax law so being a tax collector will help me achieve one of my goals.
- A great oppurtunity to advance my career.
Would you ever unfairly target a political group?
- No. I feel everyone deserves to be treated fairly no matter their political or religious views, sexuality, or race.
- No. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly no matter their political or religious views, sexuality, or race.
- Interview questions and answers for revenue officer.
- No everyone deserves to be treated fairly no matter their views.
- The answer to your question would be no. Each group should be given a fair opportunity to have their points made and review and then evaluated and the best point(s) choosen.
- No, everyone is to be treated equal.
- No I would not unfairly target any group or person.
- Never I believe that we are all equal and that it is important to apply tax laws and collections procedures fairly to everyone.
Why do you want to be a tax collector?
- I would like to assists taxpayers who are delinquent on their returns, struggling with their filing and payments. I would like to help and educate them.
- Being a person who prides herself in details and having a job done efficiently and being a customer friendly person and being able to adapt to all personalities and situations and having the required skills to complete my job as a tax collector.
- I want to be a tax collector because I'm very interest in tax law and I know that I will make an excellent tax collector.
- I belive that we all should pay our fair shair to the state, and that I belive it is important for revenue officer to enforce tax laws and regulations so the state has the funds needed to implement budgets and continue to operate.
Why are you the best candidate for us?
- I believe that Revenue Officers play a big part in the IRS. To hold this position you need to be calm, organized, and loyal. I believe I have those characteristics would would make me a very suitable candidate for this position.
- I have got what company needs.
- I am the best candidate for the job not only because I have the required skill, experience, attention to details and knowledge. But my personality and character are a good asset and would make me the more suitable candidate for this job. To help the company move and grow much more than it is now.
- I'm organized, dedicated to completing a task free of errors, and I'm loyal to the organization in which I serve.
- I feel that I will bring a professional attitude to the position, I have a great deal of experience in dealing with conflict in difficult situations. I also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. I also have sound descion making skills that would make me a great adition to the department of revenue.
What do you know about our company?
- I know you all hire entry level revenue officers and the more I learn and show how dedicated I am to my job I can really excel. You all prepare, collect taxes, and also decide whether a business or person should be audited. I can say I'm willing to learn everything I need and more about this company.
- I think this company is a strong one with a lot of growing potentials. One that not only looks out for their external customers but internal as well.
- US Federal Agency that deals taxes.
- The IRS makes sure taxpayers are compliant with the filing.
- I have been a frequent visitor to this town hall in professional capacity for many years and am familiar with the logistics, many of the of employees, department heads and know where to locate the information I am searching for.
What is your greatest weakness?
- I would say my weakness is that I work I like to get my work done by the end of the day whether is goes over my your of duty.
- My greatest weakness would be being a person who pay attention to detail and because of that I review my work constantly to ensure that I have prepared or reviewed a document and submit with the best possible result(s) and it is error free and accurate.
- My greatest weakness was in mathematics especially algebra in college. I overcame this by attending tutoring sessions and working really hard to overcome this weakness. After gaining a better understanding of mathematics I find that it is now one of my favorite subjects.
What do you feel is the most important skill a tax revenue officer should possess?
- A revenue officer should be calm, loyal, and organized when enforcing the tax law with taxpayers.
- Being friendly and cooperative But must have stick to rules.
- Most important skill for a revenue officer is attention to details, being very accurate, good communication skills, being efficient and customer friendly to handle the most difficult and the least difficult customers.
- The ability to be professional and remain calm in all types of situations. I belive organization and beign able to accurately document interations between clients is also very important.
What is your greatest strength?
- I would say my strength would be that I am well organized.
- Greatest strength would be that I am able to perform well under pressuring situations. To apply myself and list the most demanding items and action those first and the rest after and getting the job done. Being my own self motivator and problem solver.
- My greatest strength is my communication skills.