Property Manager Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. How would you handle a situation in which the direction from above was unclear and circumstances were changing?
2. Describe a scenario where you had to balance competing customer demands with project constraints. How did you ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the goals of the project?
3. Describe a time when you had to balance quality management with a challenging project schedule.
4. How do you reward employees?
5. What was the most challenging space you've had to lease in the past? What made it a challenge?
6. What is your definition of empowerment?
7. What is your definition of Quality Assurance (QA), and who should be responsible for QA?
8. Have you ever discontinued service with a vendor or contractor? How did it go?
9. How have you improved as a property manager over the years?
10. Tell me about your greatest strength or skill that makes you a great property manager?
11. What methods have you found successful in determining the priorities when you start in a new facility?
12. Describe a time when you implemented a new idea without being asked or pursued a new opportunity that could improve the building.
13. Describe how you would motivate a group of people to do something they did not want to do.
14. What is the largest building or space that you have managed?
15. What job duties would you like to avoid, if at all possible?
16. Tell us about an innovative idea or change that you implemented. Was it successful? Why or why not?
17. Tell me about a time when you influenced the outcome of a project by taking a leadership role.
18. Describe a situation when you were able to have a positive influence on the actions of others.
19. What do you do when priorities change quickly? Provide an example of a time to had to respond to change.
20. Tell me about a time when you were particularly effective in prioritizing tasks and completing a project on schedule.
21. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict on the job.
22. When have you had contractor disputes? How do you handle them?
23. What is the most challenging aspect of being a manager?
24. Why do you want to become property manager of this building?
25. Rate your management skills on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 representing excellent management skills. Provide three examples from your past work experiences that support your reasoning.
26. Describe the work environment or culture and the management style in which you have experienced the most success.
27. What factors are crucial within an organization and must be present for you to work most effectively?
28. What experience do you have handling tenants?
29. Describe to me the last property you managed. What did you find to be successful during that time, and what could have been done better?
30. What sort of marketing objectives did your past property employ? Which marketing initiatives did you create and start? Were they successful?
31. What do you know about our organization?
32. How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our property?
33. What process have you used to screen potential tenants in the past? Walk me through the process.
34. If I were to interview the people who have reported to you in the past, how would they describe your management style?
35. We currently have 10 percent vacancy. How will you try to fill those spots?
36. What is the salary that you expect?
37. Why are you looking for a new job?
38. What action would you take if you joined the company?
39. How do you perform when others need your guidance in a building crisis?
40. Has there been an occasion when you refused to bow to a customer's pressure to 'bend the rules'?
41. When you believe an unethical issue is occurring, how do you react?
42. Tell me about a time when you experienced a major change to your normal work practices. How did you handle it?
43. Describe a recent project where you were responsible for managing multiple people or teams. What were some of the key challenges and how did you handle those challenges?