Preschool Director Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why did you choose to pursue a career as a Preschool Director?
2. How do you stay current on new children's activities, and teaching techniques?
3. What have you found to be the best way to monitor the performance of your work and/or the work of others?
4. How do you deal with difficult parents?
5. Tell me about your education.
6. What qualifies you for this position?
7. As a teacher, what activities did you create or implement that saw the most improvement out of your children?
8. Describe to me your passion for children.
9. As the director of our facility, how important is a child's safety and what measures would you take to ensure parents that their children are being left and watched in great care?
10. Share an example of when you accomplished a goal that was personally challenging.
11. How would others describe you?
12. What do you enjoy most about being a preschool director?
13. Describe a time when your ethics were challenged.
14. How do you evaluate the productivity of your staff?
15. Tell me about the last time you oversaw the work of someone else. How did you effectively motivate, develop, and direct the worker?
16. Provide an experience that demonstrates your ability to manage time effectively.
17. How do you handle performance reviews? Tell me about a difficult one.
18. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
20. Provide an example of a time when you were able to demonstrate excellent listening skills. What was the situation and outcome?
21. Professionally, in what areas would you most like to develop?
22. Tell me about your last experience recruiting, interviewing, or hiring an employee.
23. Describe an improvement you personally initiated.
24. Give an example of a time when you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision.
25. Are you efficient with your time?
26. Are you a natural leader?
27. What would your current coworkers say about you?
28. What do you like least about being a preschool director?
29. How do you handle stressful situations?
30. Share an example of when you went above and beyond the call of duty.
31. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
32. What is your greatest strength?
33. What skills do you think are most critical to this job?
34. Why are you the best candidate for us?
35. Share an experience in which you successfully assisted a teacher in solving a difficult problem with a student's progress.
36. Tell me how you organize, plan, and prioritize your work.
37. What kind of work environment do you thrive in?
38. What do you know about our organization?
39. What personal characteristics do you think add to your overall effectiveness?
40. What are your career goals?