Home Health Aide Interview Questions Go Back
1. Do you work well with others and can you be a team player?
2. Are you able to cope with stressful situations?
3. Have you researched our Organization? Do you have any questions about what we do?
4. Please explain in detail how you would appropriately transfer a patient from a bed to a wheelchair.
5. What do you consider to be your biggest weakness? What are you doing to improve your skills in this area?
6. Why are you interested in a career as a Home Health Aide?
7. What motivates you, as a home health aide, to do your best every day?
8. What is your philosophy towards work?
9. What is the most difficult situation you have had to face and how did you tackle it?
10. Tell me about your availability. Are you able to work overtime, shift work, weekends and holidays?
11. After an extremely demanding day with a patient, a supervisor criticizes your work. How do you handle this?
12. What has been your most rewarding patient-care experience to date?
13. What type of diagnoses have you cared for in the past?
14. What are your short-term career goals as a Home Care professional?
15. We are looking for a candidate with a clean criminal record, who is bondable. Are you comfortable if I do a background check on you?
16. Have you ever faced a situation on the job that made you uncomfortable?
17. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
18. Imagine that your shift ends at 2 p.m. and your replacement hasn't arrived by 2:15 p.m. How would you handle the situation?
19. Give me a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a patient.
20. How do you handle patients that are characteristically upset, difficult, or resist your care?
21. What are your greatest strengths? How do you think these benefit you as a caregiver?
22. Are you efficient with your time?
23. Why are you the best candidate for us?
24. How long have you been a home health aide?
25. How would your references describe you?
26. Do you have an interest in pursuing a long term career within medical?
27. Do you take direction well?
28. If a co-worker corrected you in front of a patient, what would you do?
29. As a Health Care Aide, your patients rely heavily on you. Would you consider yourself very reliable? Tell me about your attendance and punctuality in your current position.
30. Have you ever had to perform First Aid or CPR on a patient? Are you currently certified in First Aid or CPR?
31. How strong is your medical terminology?
32. Tell me about your documentation skills.
33. Do you have a reliable form of transportation to take you to and from your patients' homes?