Event Planner Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. What was the most challenging event you've planned in the past?
2. What value will you add to our team?
3. Explain a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle this situation?
4. Tell me about a mistake that you made on the job. What did you learn from it?
5. What are important characteristics for an effective event coordinator?
6. Tell me about a time when you were working within a tight budget for an event. What was the outcome?
7. What was the most difficult event you promoted? What made it difficult?
8. What would you do if the DJ is late and not responding to calls or emails?
9. What brings out the most excitement for you in event planning?
10. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client. How did you manage that relationship?
11. How do you multitask when you plan or manage multiple events?
12. Tell me about one bad experience you've had, preferably something catastrophic, how did you handle it? Was the event still a success?
13. What was the most successful event you've planned in the past?
14. We've read your resume and seen where you went to college and your work experience, but could you walk us through this period and tell us how you made the decisions you did regarding your education and work?
15. If you were hired, when could you start?
16. Tell me about a work situation that required a creative solution.
17. How good are your listening skills? How do you know?
18. If you had to describe yourself as detail-oriented or big-picture oriented, which would you choose? Why?
19. Give an example of a time when you felt the greatest sense of accomplishment in your job?
20. What are some strategies you use for managing and prioritizing work for yourself when there is too much work and too few staff members to complete the tasks at hand?
21. Describe your experience with designing and developing advertising graphics and publications used to market programs and services.
22. Describe your specific skills and experience related to Event Planning.
23. Tell me about your experience working with an event planning committee?
24. How would you describe your work style?
25. What approaches do you use in communicating with different people, customers, staff, co-workers, management? How do you know you are communicating effectively?