Critical Care Nurse Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Do you feel like you have strong relationship-building skills?
2. Have you ever been in a situation in which a co-worker put a patient in jeopardy? If so, how did you handle it?
3. Have you ever received negative feedback, and how did you handle it?
4. Tell me about a time you were trusted with confidential information regarding a patient's care.
5. Do you participate in any outreach or volunteer work?
6. Do you feel comfortable working with clinical nursing students in the critical care setting?
7. What are some aspects of your specialty that make it unique compared to other specialties?
8. Nurses at our facility often work on rotation. Are you willing to work, nights, weekends, holidays, or overtime if needed?
9. Have you ever considered relocation? If so, what area would you be willing to travel to?
10. Do you anticipate any significant changes in your life within the next two to three years that may prevent you from continuing employment here if you are offered a position here?
11. Why do you think you are a good critical care nurse?
12. Tell me a bit about yourself.
13. What are your primary interests outside of work?
14. What would you consider your biggest weakness?
15. What is your greatest fear about being a critical care nurse?
16. What would you say is your greatest strength as a critical care nurse?
17. In your opinion, what personality type is best suited toward this specialty?
18. What advice would you give to a nurse looking to enter your field of nursing?
19. Have you ever considered choosing a different career?
20. What makes you feel you will be a good fit for our organization?
21. If you were the person responsible for hiring new employees, what qualities would you look for in a candidate, and do you think you possess those qualities?
22. Do you have experience working with peers from diverse backgrounds?
23. In addition to providing care to seriously ill patients, critical care nurses must attend to stressed out family members. How do you approach offering support to family members?
24. What about your job as a critical care nurse gives you the most satisfaction?
25. Working with critical care requires a great deal of attention to detail and often multi-tasking. What do you do to help keep yourself from becoming overwhelmed?
26. Do you feel you have good problem solving skills?
27. Salary is often commensurate with experience. How do you feel about someone with more experience than you having a higher salary but doing the same job?
28. Working in the ICU can be very stressful. What are some ways you manage stress on the job?
29. Why do you think critical care nurses often report experiencing 'burn out,' and what do you do to prevent that?
30. What is a risk that is associated with a patient being in critical care and being bed bound?