Bartending Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you treat customers on special occasions, like birthdays and bachelorette parties?
2. How do you make a White Russian?
3. How do you make a Whiskey Sour?
4. This is a coveted bartending gig. Why should we hire you?
5. How do you make a Dirty Martini?
6. How do you decide which customers to serve first when the bar is packed?
7. If you see a fight start across the bar, do you act or do you wait until the bouncers take care of it?
8. How do you make an Irish Car Bomb?
9. When you go above and beyond for a customer and they don't tip well, how do you handle it?
10. Tell me about the garnishes you enjoy using for various cocktails.
11. Do you enjoy socializing with strangers?
12. Tell me about your previous bartending experience.
13. How do you avoid serving to minors?
14. Why did you leave your last bartending job?
15. How do you make a Cosmopolitan Martini?
16. Your drawer is $44.21 short, how would you explain this? What would you do to correct something like this in the future?
17. If your car broke down on the way to work, what would you do?
18. How do you use your time on a slow shift?
19. Explain the differences between a wheat beer, a pale ale and an IPA?
20. What is your favorite drink with vodka?
21. Are you flexible to work any shift?
22. What techniques do you use to upsell?
23. How do you feel about serving drinks in a heavy volume environment?
24. Do you have any flaring techniques?
25. Besides making drinks, what roles do you think bartenders serve?
26. How do you make a Washington Apple?
27. Explain to me how you properly stir a cocktail.
28. How do you engage with customers while making and serving drinks?
29. How do you make a Johnny Vegas drink?
30. How do you garnish a Manhattan?