Athletic Director Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. What role do you believe athletics play in a students development?
2. What is your current salary?
3. How would you try to improve fan attendance?
4. Being an athletic director requires a flexible schedule. Are you able to meet these requirements?
5. Define a good coach.
6. What experience do you have with fundraising?
7. When have you negotiated a deal?
8. If a coach was loved by the students, but under-performing on the field, what would you do?
9. What type of experience do you have with hiring?
10. What makes a successful athletic event, in your opinion?
11. Tell me about your experience coordinating, and developing events.
12. Have you had to fire a coach before? How was that process?
13. What brings you the most joy, as an athletic director?
14. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
15. Describe your ideal athletic coach, and what types of coaches you would like to see in our program.
16. What do you envision for our athletic program, if you were hired?
17. Describe your passion for sports, and how that passion will translate into this position.
18. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
19. Give me a time when you had to set an important goal in the past and tell me about your success reaching it.
20. As an athletic director, what do you believe is your best asset?
21. How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
22. Do you consider yourself a leader?
23. What motivates you as an athletic director?
24. What do you like about your present job?
25. What major challenges and problems did you face at your last position?