Aerospace Engineer Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. Talk about the negative effects that can come from loading an aircraft in an extreme tail heavy manner.
2. Talk about a home project that you are working on or recently worked on. How is this relevant to your career?
3. What software and coding skills have you developed over your career?
4. Why is fatigue stress testing so important for aluminum alloys used in the Aerospace industry?
5. How does inclination of an airfoil effect the lift of an aircraft?
6. In what situations does it make sense to measure absolute pressure and what situations does it make sense to measure gauge pressure?
7. What techniques do you use to efficiently and effectively manage your time in your work as an Aerospace Engineer?
8. Explain the science behind how a pitot tube works in aviation.
9. What is fuel weight fraction and how does it impact total fuel consumption when planning flight?
10. How do you define the standard lapse rate and what part does moisture play in changes to the rate?
11. How do you stay up to date on the latest technologies in the Aerospace Engineering field?
12. What would you say is your least favorite part of being an Aerospace Engineer?
13. What is a canard and what are the advantages to utilizing them on an aircraft?
14. What made you interested in a career path in Aerospace Engineering?
15. What is a wet wing and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
16. What are the three axes of rotation for an aircraft and their corresponding fundamental movement?
17. What effect causes the "thrumming" noise you hear when a car window is opened on the highway?
18. Imagine yourself in three years. What do you hope will be different about you compared to right now?
19. What was the most difficult assignment you have been assigned during your career as an Aerospace Engineer? Did you complete the task?
20. What types of turbine engines do you have direct experience working with?
21. Talk about a time you ran into a significant roadblock in your work. How did you handle that situation to ensure a positive result?
22. Describe any leadership experiences you've had during your career. What did you learn from those experiences that you can bring to our team?
23. How do you see artificial intelligence impacting the Aerospace industry in the years to come?
24. What does your typical day look like in your current job?
25. Why do you feel that Aerospace Engineers are important to society as a whole?