Addiction Counselor Interview Questions Go Back
1. In your previous counseling experience, have you ever had to enforce policies you didn't agree with?
2. As an Addiction Counselor, what do you believe is your best asset?
3. What motivates you to succeed?
4. How do you cope with stressful situations?
5. Why do you want a career as an addiction counselor?
6. How often do you take work home with you?
7. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
8. What was your biggest disappointment as an addiction counselor?
9. Describe your working relationship with your previous or current colleagues.
10. How did you hear about this position?
11. What do you like to do outside of work.
12. What tools do you use to monitor your treatments?
13. Do you have any questions for us?
14. Do you have difficulty working in a team environment?
15. Do you think honesty is always the best policy?
16. How do you manage a large workload?
17. How would your boss describe you?
18. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
19. What are your strengths?
20. What is your greatest weakness?
21. What is your greatest accomplishment as an addiction counselor?
22. What do you feel is the most important skill an addiction counselor should possess?
23. How do you handle angry patients?
24. How do you involve the patient's family during treatment?
25. Have you facilitated any outreach programs? Tell me about it.
26. What type of patient are you not comfortable being around?
27. What types of patients do you have the most difficulty treating?
28. How would your co-workers describe your attention to detail?
29. What new therapy approaches have you recently tried?
What is your current salary?