Academic Dean Interview Questions Go Back
1. How do you like to encourage ideas in your faculty or student body?
2. How do you assess academic performance?
3. As an Academic Dean you will be exposed to a wide variety of people, situations and environments. Do you feel prepared for this?
4. Why do you want a career as an academic dean?
5. How would you handle a situation where one of your faculty members was causing difficulty in the workplace?
6. Why are you the best Academic Dean for us?
7. When have you worked among a diverse group of people?
8. How do you handle communicating bad news to a fellow worker or subordinate?
9. Rate your communication skills from 1-10 with proper examples backing your given rating.
10. Tell me about a time when you improved communication between yourself and a co-worker or client.
11. How do you handle a larger than average workload?
12. Do you consider yourself a patient person? How do you increase your patience level in challenging situations?
13. What are your salary expectations?
14. How will you earn the trust of your faculty and coworkers?
15. Do you think honesty is always the best policy?
16. What sources do you look to when solving complicated problems?
17. When you suffer a setback, how does that emotionally affect you and your work?
18. Tell me about an organization or group outside of work that you contributed to.
19. What motivates you to succeed?
20. How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
21. What three words would you use to describe yourself as an Educator?
22. Outline your formal education and training.
23. Tell me about your exposure to budgeting and fundraising in your last position.
24. Give me an example of a new academic rule or regulation that you have created.
25. How active do you plan to be with your faculty?
26. Are you familiar with this States academic criteria?
27. What is your proudest moment as a teacher or leader?
28. Would you consider returning to school to complete your PhD?
29. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
30. What questions do you have for me in regards to this school, or position?