Telephone Interview Questions Go Back
1. Tell me one valuable skill that you are currently working on.
2. Briefly walk me through your work history. Please include why you left each position listed on your resume.
3. What do you know about this position?
4. What are the top duties in your current position?
5. When would you be available to start?
6. What is the most important thing you are looking for in your next company?
7. What is your long-range career objective?
8. Why are you looking for a new position?
9. Why did you apply for this position?
10. How many years experience do you have in your field?
11. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
12. After reviewing our job description, are there any required skills listed that you feel you are lacking?
13. You have a few gaps in your resume. Can you explain these?
14. Where did you find our job posting?
15. We are quickly moving into second interviews. What is your availability like over the next few days?
16. All of our candidates must pass a criminal record check and education verification. Is there any reason why you would not be comfortable with this?
17. How do you feel this position would fit in with your long term career goals?
18. Our company is looking for a team member with flexible work hours. Are you able and willing to work overtime, as needed?
19. Tell me more about your post-secondary education. Are you interested in expanding your education, or gaining any other certifications?
20. What would you change about your current role, if you could?
21. Are you actively interviewing with other companies? Are you close to offer stage with anyone?
22. I'm interested in knowing more about the type of work you are seeking, and your ideal workplace culture. What is your ideal position at this time?
23. Would your current employer be willing to provide a reference for you?