Telephone Interview Questions Go Back
1. What are the top duties in your current position?
2. What do you know about this position?
3. Tell me one valuable skill that you are currently working on.
4. Briefly walk me through your work history. Please include why you left each position listed on your resume.
5. When would you be available to start?
6. What is the most important thing you are looking for in your next company?
7. Why did you apply for this position?
8. What is your long-range career objective?
9. Why are you looking for a new position?
10. How many years experience do you have in your field?
11. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
12. You have a few gaps in your resume. Can you explain these?
13. After reviewing our job description, are there any required skills listed that you feel you are lacking?
14. Where did you find our job posting?
15. We are quickly moving into second interviews. What is your availability like over the next few days?
16. What type of manager do you best work with?
17. How does this position fit your long-term career plans?
18. When was the last time you helped out a coworker?
19. Tell me one thing about yourself that is not on your resume.
20. Describe a typical work day in your current role.
21. Are you willing to travel?
22. What challenges are you looking for in a position?
23. Are you actively interviewing with other companies? Are you close to offer stage with anyone?
24. I'm interested in knowing more about the type of work you are seeking, and your ideal workplace culture. What is your ideal position at this time?
25. All of our candidates must pass a criminal record check and education verification. Is there any reason why you would not be comfortable with this?
26. How do you feel this position would fit in with your long term career goals?
27. Our company is looking for a team member with flexible work hours. Are you able and willing to work overtime, as needed?
28. Tell me more about your post-secondary education. Are you interested in expanding your education, or gaining any other certifications?
29. Would your current employer be willing to provide a reference for you?
30. What would you change about your current role, if you could?