Problem Solving Interview Questions Go Back
1. Give me a recent example of a valuable lesson you learned from a problem you faced at work.
2. After you implement a solution to a problem, how do you test the effectiveness of that solution?
3. Tell me about a time when you discovered a problem and went beyond regular expectations to fix it.
4. Tell me about the most challenging aspect of your previous job. How did you overcome it?
5. Tell me about a time when your analysis of a problem was deemed to be incorrect. What would you have done differently?
6. What steps do you take when you have to make an immediate decision without all the relevant information?
7. What sources do you look to when you need to solve a complicated problem?
8. How do you deal with distracting coworkers who stand in the way of your progress?
9. Tell me about the most challenging problem you have encountered in your professional career.
10. When a problem requires a quick solution, how do you respond?
11. In your opinion, what makes you a great problem solver?
12. How do you prioritize multiple projects when they all seem equally important?
13. When a major problem arises, what is your first reaction?
14. When you cannot seem to find the right solution to a problem, how do you deal?
15. When faced with a problem, how do you decide on the best solution?
16. Tell me about a time when you failed to solve a problem. How did you overcome the failure?
17. Tell me about a time when you had to troubleshoot to solve a problem.
18. When faced with a problem, are you more likely to jump into solving it, or are you the type to carefully assess the issue first?
19. When it comes to problem solving, are you a strong collaborator?
20. What do you think might be the greatest challenges faced in this job? How will you overcome these challenges?
21. Rate your problem solving skills from 1-10. How do you justify your rating?
22. When change occurs in the workplace, it can create new problems. Do you see these as inconvenient problems, or opportunities to learn?
23. Tell me about a time where you had to analyze a set of data and then make a recommendation.
24. Tell me about a recurring problem that you run into in your current position, and how you handle it.
25. What steps do you take to solve a problem?