1. List the top 3 skills that you have acquired in your last role.
2. Would you describe yourself as a structured person or one who likes to go with the flow?
3. The automobile industry has had to adapt to the fact that every consumer now has a computer in their smartphones. How have you had to use a smartphone in your previous position, and are you comfortable using one?
4. At Toyota we like to hire primarily from inside our dealerships. Would you have any interest in advancement within the company, if it was offered to you?
5. At Toyota, we want to hire employees who are self-motivated. What are some ways that you motivate yourself toward your goals?
6. We are moving quickly into second interviews. What is your availability like over the next few days?
7. At Toyota, we believe in good communication between managers and employees, tell me about your relationship with your previous manager.
8. At Toyota, listening to our guests is critically important to our success. Share with me how you work to listen to your customers in your present position.
9. At Toyota, we believe in a sales process and base our methods on it, tell me about your sales philosophy.
10. At Toyota, the dealership has retail hours that include nights and weekends. Share with me any limitations you might have regarding times you can work?
11. Your job at Toyota may require you to stand on your feet for extended periods of time. Share with me any limitations you might have about this.
12. Toyota believes in supporting social causes, like working to protect the environment, what causes are important to you and why?
13. At Toyota, creating a great first impression is important, which is why we require a uniform and enforce appearance standards, tell me about your previous position, and any uniform they might have provided.
14. Would you consider yourself a creative person?
15. At Toyota we put a lot of pride in our customer service and track our performance through customer feedback. Tell me your thoughts about customer service.
16. In this position, there are times when a customer will interrupt a task you are involved in. Tell me about how you might handle an interruption of your time.
17. Toyota is one of the largest auto manufacturers in the world. How familiar are you with our company and what we offer?
18. At Toyota we like to train our employees in the features and functions of our models. Share with me any specific sales training you might have had in your previous position.
19. I see that you have recently worked for one of our direct competitors. Do you have a non-compete agreement in place?
20. At Toyota we seek to hire individuals who have a keen interest in the automobile industry. What interests you most about what we do?
21. Tell me about your sales performance this year.
22. The automobile industry is competitive. Are you comfortable working in a competitive environment?
23. At Toyota we set daily, weekly, and monthly targets for all of our sales employees. Share with me your comfortableness with operating under a system that creates quotas and then pushes you to meet them.
24. Many positions in our company are fully commissioned. Are you confident enough in your sales abilities to work on 100% commission?
25. At Toyota, your position will require you to work with other departments. Describe for me how you have worked with employees or bosses of other departments in the past to achieve the goals for the company.
26. Looking at your resume, I see multiple gaps between employment. What were you doing during those gaps?
27. At this Toyota dealership, at times you will be privy to a customer's private information. Tell me about some of the ways you have safeguarded and protected a client's privacy.
28. Your position at Toyota will require you to operate motor vehicles. Share with me any limitations you might have in this area.