The Salvation Army Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. How do you approach establishing a baseline of understanding when you start working with new people?
2. How do you handle an unhappy stakeholder?
3. What are your interests and/or hobbies outside of work?
4. Why do you believe you are uniquely positioned to advance The Salvation Army's mission in this specific region?
5. Tell me what you know about the Salvation Army's domestic and global programs.
6. What unique experiences, skills, or characteristics do you have that you believe would make you a valuable asset to the Salvation Army?
7. Many nonprofits take an apologetic approach when asking for funding. What is your fundraising approach?
8. The Salvation Army is a fast-paced environment where employees often juggle multiple projects and responsibilities. How do you handle stress on the job?
9. Are you proficient or fluent in any second languages? If so, what are they?
10. Which of the Salvations Army's values do you identify with the most?
11. How do you connect with the Salvation Army's mission statement?
12. Describe your customer service experience.
13. Have you previously worked at a non-profit organization?
14. Why do you want to work in the nonprofit sector when you can earn more money working in a profit driven corporate environment?
15. Thinking back to your program management experience, discuss a time when you supervised the expansion of a program.
16. Discuss a time when you discovered a problem in your team's or individual position's operational structure. How did you address the problem and overcome it?
17. Tell me about a time when you took the initiative to improve work related procedures.
18. How do you prioritize multiple projects when they all seem equally important?
19. Why would you be a good fit for our Red Kettle Campaign?
20. How do you envision ways in which this position may evolve over time?
21. What do you believe are some challenges someone in this position might encounter?
22. Tell me about a bad day you have had at work. How did you turn it around?
23. Tell me about a contribution you made to the last team you worked on.
24. How do you explain to someone in need that you are unable to assist them?
25. How do you incorporate self-care and boundary-setting in your approach to your job?
26. Talk about a situation where you were required to maintain a great amount of energy over a long period of time in order to complete a project.
27. In what ways has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the work of the Salvation Army?
28. The Salvation Army offers a number of volunteer opportunities to support its diverse work around the world. Do you have experience recruiting volunteers?
29. Have you ever been advised by a fellow employee or supervisor to lie about a situation? How did you handle this ethical dilemma?
30. The Salvation Army offers a number of volunteer opportunities to support its diverse work around the world. Do you have experience recruiting volunteers?
31. Please describe your experience working with vulnerable populations.
32. Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond.
33. Do you have experience with writing grant proposals?
34. What experience do you have using team-based messaging applications?
35. Describe your technical skills, specifically your computer knowledge and experience using Microsoft products.