Menards Interview Questions Go Back
1. Why should we not hire you?
2. How well do you handle customer complaints?
3. Have you ever helped someone else achieve their goal or helped to better themselves, if so, how?
4. Why do you want to work in retail?
5. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for customer service?
6. What are some of your weaknesses?
7. Have you ever worked on a house before? What was your project?
8. If you found a twenty dollar bill in the parking lot, what would you do?
9. Tell me about a time when it was better to be agreeable in a situation rather than continue the arguement.
10. Tell me about a time when you did not have enough time to complete all assigned tasks. How did you prioritize?
11. Tell me about a time when you had to be a leader. How was the outcome?
12. Where do you see yourself in the Menards organization in two years?
13. How do you define good customer service?
14. How many stores do we have at Menards?
15. What steps do you take to solve a problem?
16. What makes an ideal employee for this position?
17. What to you makes Menards better than Home Depot and Lowes?
18. How well would you say you know our departments and what we sell?
19. Do you shop at Menards?
20. You have been out of work for a while, what have you been doing?
21. What do you know about Tools?
22. Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with?
23. How do you think you can work in a team environment here at Menards?
24. If you find a problem going on with two different employees, what would you do?
25. When was the last time you contributed to a team effort and what was your role?
26. Why do you feel you will be better suited for this job than the rest of the applicants?
27. What is your best personal trait?
28. Do you prefer working in a team environment or alone?
29. Tell me about your experience in working in retail?
30. What do you know about working in retail?
31. Describe a time when you disliked company rules in your last job?
32. Describe a time when you had to sacrifice quality to complete a job?
33. How do you expect to make a difference at Menards?
34. What would you do if a coworker asked you to help them steal?
35. How would you deal with an angry customer while you were busy completing tasks?
36. Name your three best qualities?
37. Why do you want to work at Menards?