1. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
2. How do you handle situations that could cause you to be late or miss work?
3. Do you have reliable transportation?
4. What do you hope to learn from this job at Kmart?
5. How do you feel about performance incentives?
6. What are your salary expectations?
7. How can Kmart motivate you on the job?
8. Describe to me your ideal employer.
9. We need reliable people on our team at Kmart. How many days were you absent from work last year?
10. What type of work environment do you dislike working in?
11. Personality fit is important to us at Kmart. How would you describe your personality?
12. How do you handle a situation where your supervisor does not properly communicate information to you?
13. What type of manager brings out the best in you?
14. Why is this job with Kmart right for you at this time in your career?
15. What is the most competitive work situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
16. Tell me about a time when you made a suggestion requesting change in an organization.
17. This position requires a flexible schedule as we are open evenings, weekends, and most holidays. Are you able to commit to these hours?
18. At Kmart we like to hire strong achievers. Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond.
19. Take me through your experience in retail. What was the most challenging position you have held? Which was your favorite, and why?
20. Have you researched our company values? What makes you the best candidate for Kmart?
21. You will be responsible for a large amount of cash and valuable merchandise at Kmart. What would your most recent employer say about your character and honesty?
22. In a retail environment, staff turnover is often high. How would you handle it if your co-worker did not show up for their shift?
23. Working in a retail environment, you will sometimes come across rude customers. How would you handle a customer who is aggressive towards you or a co-worker?
24. Tell me 3 qualities you possess that make you a strong fit for this position with Kmart.
25. At Kmart we firmly believe in grooming our employees into management roles as they show potential. Are you interested in potential leadership roles with us?
26. In our retail stores we take pride in our merchandising and displays. Do you consider yourself to be a creative person, capable of making an attractive retail display?
27. This position requires you to wear a uniform to work. Have you worn a uniform in the workplace before? How do you feel about this?
28. In this role you will be required to handle customer transactions. On a scale of 1-10 how strong are your mathematical skills?
29. We have a strong employee honesty program in place at Kmart to prevent loss. What would you do if you discovered that a co-worker was stealing product or money?
30. At Kmart we have a very clear return policy. How would you handle a customer who was arguing with you about a potential return?
31. What do you know about Kmart? Why do you want to work for us?
32. Kmart puts customer service first. How do you ensure that you always put the customers' needs first?