1. If Anthem hired you today, what would you accomplish first?
2. We work with patients and customers who are confused or upset about their medical insurance. Tell me about a time you had to teach and train an upset customer. How did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome?
3. At Anthem, we have many health insurance competitors that we need to have a pulse on. In your current role, how do you stay up to date with competitors?
4. This role requires patient collection, so you might have to have difficult conversations. Tell me about a difficult conversation you've had with a patient or customer.
5. At Anthem, we deal with confidential patient data. Tell me about a time you followed HIPAA regulations even when it wasn't easy or convenient to do so.
6. We want to hire people who can grow within our company. When have you stretched yourself in your current role and done more than what was expected of you?
7. What is your process for explaining technical information to people who aren't technical?
8. We encourage professional curiosity in our workplace and an entrepreneurial mindset. If you could start your own business, what would you do?
9. What inspired you to apply for this position at Anthem?
10. At Anthem, we have many positions where employees work remotely 99% of the time. How would you set yourself up for success at your home office?
11. What is your patient care philosophy or customer care philosophy (if coming from different industry)?
12. The health insurance industry is very complex. All of our positions require strong organizational skills and attention to detail. How do you ensure that your work is properly organized and highly accurate?
13. The health industry is strongly influenced by changing legislation. How do you stay current on new rules and regulations that impact our industry?
14. To work at Anthem, you have to be passionate about compliance and accuracy. Tell me why this is important to you.
15. Anthem seeks to hire those with strong problem-solving skills. When were you able to successfully resolve a problem in the workplace?
16. At Anthem, innovation is really important to us. Give an example of an innovative idea you've had recently.
17. At Anthem, we've invested in the latest technology to create efficient work flows. Tell me how you've gone about learning new technology in the past.
18. At Anthem, we do a lot of community education to help the people in our local communities understand their health insurance. Tell me about outreach you have done in the community in your previous role.
19. At Anthem, we have large patient data sets we need to analyze. Tell me about a large data set you had to analyze and how you added value through your analysis.
20. Many of our jobs at Anthem require us to do projects when there is down time. Can you give an example of a project you led start to finish?
21. Our goal is to hire very ambitious people. Tell me about a time you went the extra mile, even when it may not have been required or asked of you.
22. If you could expand your knowledge and expertise in any area of the health plan space, which would you choose?
23. At Anthem, we believe in continuous feedback. Tell me about a time you received constructive feedback. What did you do after hearing this?
24. Tell me about your healthcare related education and training.
25. How do you connect with a customer you are working with virtually?
26. At Anthem, sometimes we have to make difficult decisions about whether or not a medical service is covered. In the past, how have you been able to put aside your personal feelings for the good of the business?
27. This role would involve sales to new partners who want to offer their employees our health insurance. What are some ways you add value to prospective clients so that you can have meaningful discussions?
28. At Anthem, we want a world class call center where each team member is empowered to give feedback to others. Tell me about a time you gave feedback to a colleague.
29. Patients are becoming increasingly technology savvy and have higher expectations than ever from our industry. Innovation is required to provide more cost effective and high value care. Tell me about a new idea you recommended in your current role.
30. At Anthem, we believe in transparency with our health insurance customers and our employees. Tell me about your leadership style in regards to transparency.
31. Tell me the difference between a medical bill and an EOB.
32. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person at work. How did you handle it?
33. Give me an example of a time you were given little direction on a job assignment. How did you complete it?
34. How do you prioritize your work?
35. What is your preference - working alone or as part of a group?