plumber Interview Questions Go Back
1. What would have to change about your current job, for you to stay where you are?
2. What training do you have in plumbing?
3. What experience do you have with snaking clogged up pipes?
4. Do you prefer your water mains be pvc or copper?
5. Have you ever changed a toilet before?
6. Have you ever installed a shower with multiple shower heads? How did you keep water pressure high?
7. What advantages are there for PVC water mains?
8. What license do you have as a plumber?
9. Have you ever plumbed an office building?
10. How many years experience do you have plumbing?
11. We run a credit report and background check are you ok with that?
12. How many houses have you plumbed before?
13. What do you enjoy most about being a plumber?
14. How long do you want to be a plumber?
15. If a customer complains their house has too little water pressure, what steps would you take to fix this problem?
16. If you installed a copper pipe next to the shower head, and realized you ran out of fasteners, knowing this will create a problem ten years down the road, what do you do?
17. What are the advantages for installing steel plumbing underneath a sink? In what cases would you do it?
18. Do you have any experience installing water based heating systems?
19. Do you have your own plumbing equipment?
20. How long has it been since you've had a leak with copper piping?
21. Who taught you mostly what you know in plumbing?
22. Is there any other trades you are looking to learn?
23. What is the worst thing you had to do as a plumber?
24. Have you ever installed PEX plumbing in a concrete floor?
25. How does your family feel about you being on call?
26. Do you want to own your own plumbing business in the future?
27. If a customer needs a new toilet installed, you remove the old one and find the floor to be rotting all around the toilet, what do you do?
28. If I were to ask a previous supervisor about your performance, what would they say?