Wildland Firefighter Interview Questions Go Back
1. What types of water pumps have you trained with or used in previous firefighting jobs?
2. Tell me about your leadership abilities.
3. What makes you the most qualified for this position?
4. What motivates you as a wildland firefighter?
5. Have you ever been overloaded with work?
6. How do you handle stress and pressure?
7. What do you enjoy most about your job?
8. Describe a difficult project and how you overcame it?
9. How would you handle an irate citizen?
10. How do you handle conflict with a member of your team?
11. How do you stay in peak physical condition?
12. Why is it important to understand your safety zones and escape routes before starting your day?
13. How do you and your family feel about your work schedule?
14. Why do you think it is important to educate the public about fire safety?
15. What is an area you can improve on?
16. How have you made an impact on your team in the past?
17. What is the advantage of working in teams?
18. Why do you want to work for our organization?
19. How have you been working to improve yourself over the past month?
20. What excites you about working as a wildland firefighter.
21. What do you feel is the most important quality a wildland firefighter should possess?
22. Tell me about your firefighting training.
23. What makes you passionate about fighting fires?
24. Give an example that demonstrates your attention to detail.
25. Where do you see yourself in five years?
26. Why do you want to work in this industry?
27. Tell us about yourself.
28. Why are you leaving your current role?
29. What is your greatest strength? How does it help you as a firefighter?
30. Tell me about a time when you faced an emergency situation.