University Administrator Interview Questions Go Back
1. What behaviours and skills do you feel are essential when working in a team?
2. Give an example of a time when you have delivered excellent customer service, and why is this important in this role?
3. Give an example of a time when you have been faced with a challenging situation. How did you overcome this, and what did you learn from it?
4. We are interested to know what motivated you to apply for this role? Why do you want to work for our University?
5. Why are you the best candidate for the role of University Administrator, and what can you bring to the team?
6. Can you give an example of a time when you have had to deal with a difficult or disappointing outcome? How did you handle this, and move forward?
7. Describe an experience you have had dealing with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?
8. What role do you feel an administrator plays in an office dynamic?
9. Tell us about your previous work/professional experience. How do you feel this will be transferable into the position you have applied for?
10. How do you ensure you have clearly and accurately understood an inquiry or request that has been allocated to you?
11. Give an example of a time when you have had to reprioritize your workload to handle competing priorities. How did you handle this, and what was the outcome?
12. What different computer systems do you have experience with, in relation to the storing and collating of information?
13. Why is data protection important, and what measures could be taken within this role to ensure information is stored correctly?
14. Tell me about a time when you have had to adapt quickly to new policies and procedures.
15. Give an example of a time when you have had to implement a new process or procedure to solve a business issue. What was the outcome of this?
16. What does Equality of Opportunity mean to you?
17. What is your availability like to work within this role? Do you have any specific requirements we need to take into consideration?
18. How would your former employer describe you?
19. How do you evaluate success in a professional capacity?
20. What motivates you to succeed?
21. What do you think is your biggest weakness from both a personal and professional capacity?
22. What do you know about our University?
23. What are your future career aspirations and where do you see yourself in five years?
24. If you are successful at interview, how do you intend on making an impact within the role of University Administrator?
25. What do you think are the most important skills required when working in a customer facing position?
26. Tell me about your education to date. How has this prepared you for a career as a University Administrator?
27. Give an example of a time when you have had to work within a pressurised environment. How did you react?
28. Tell me how you organise, plan, and prioritise your work. Do you use specific tools or techniques to assist you in the workplace?
29. How would you define teamwork?
30. Due to the nature of the role, you may sometimes be required to complete some lengthy data input tasks. How will you ensure you remain focused and motivated on the task at hand?