Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Interview QuestionsGo Back
1. How well do you handle stress?
2. What excites you the most about a career as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist?
3. What do you like most about a teaching career?
4. What is your greatest strength? How does it help you as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist?
5. What is your greatest weakness? What are you doing to improve it?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. Why did you leave your last position?
8. How did you hear about this position?
9. Tell me what you know about our organization.
10. Who is your mentor?
11. If hired, would you be available to work an occasional weekend, if needed?
12. What do you like to do in your free time?
13. If hired, would you be available to travel if needed?
14. Tell me about yourself.
15. How do you like to stay in shape?
16. Why do you want to work for our organization?
17. Where do you see yourself in five years?
18. Why are you the best candidate for us?
19. Do you have reliable transportation?
20. What three words would your former employer use to describe you?
21. Do you have any questions for me?
22. Why did you choose a career as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist?
23. Tell me about your education. How has it prepared you for a career as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist?
24. What was your biggest disappointment as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist?
25. What types of experiences do you have working with special populations?
26. Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
27. What is your favorite activity to do in recreation therapy?
28. What makes you uncomfortable?
29. Describe the most creative work-related project you completed.
30. Tell me how you assess a patient's needs before developing a treatment plan.
31. If you could choose between using animals, aquatics, or drama in your recreation therapy, which would you choose and why?
32. What are the elements involved in establishing a therapeutic relationship?
33. Tell me about your assessment skills. What assessment tools are you familiar with?
34. How would you define excellent patient care?
35. How are your documentation skills?