Telephone Operators Interview Questions Go Back
1. What are your strongest computer related skills?
2. Being a Telephone Operator can be stressful and fast-paced. How do you handle high pressure situations?
3. Why do you wish to work as a Telephone Operator?
4. Why should we hire you?
5. What do you know about our company?
6. As a Telephone Operator you will sometimes come across very abrasive personalities. Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.
7. What is your greatest strength, and how will it help you as a Telephone Operator?
8. What is your greatest weakness, and what are you doing to improve in that area?
9. Tell me about your experience as a Telephone Operator.
10. How would your current or former employer describe you?
11. Name a time when your ethics were tested on the job.
12. How would you rate your communication skills?
13. How would you rate your memorization skills?
14. As a Telephone Operator, how do you or would you handle calls involving individuals who are difficult to understand due to language barriers?
15. Tell me about your post-secondary education.
16. Have you ever had to do quotes or calculations on the fly, during a call?
17. What is the largest switchboard you have ever had to operate, i.e., how many lines?
18. Have you ever handled an emergency call? If so, tell me about it.
19. What does good customer service mean to you?
20. Being a Telephone Operator requires excellent customer service skills. Do you consider yourself friendly and helpful?
21. What are your long term goals?
22. Are you willing to work overtime, evenings, weekends or holidays if required?
23. Have you ever quit a job with no notice? If so, tell me about the situation.
24. Tell me about your organizational skills.