Teacher Interview Questions Go Back
1. What is your most challenging experience while working with children or in the classroom?
2. A good teacher is always learning. What is something you are learning about recently?
3. How would your students describe your teaching?
4. How do you feel about inclusive classrooms?
5. How do you communicate with parents on a regular basis?
6. What are some techniques you use to teach besides direct instruction?
7. Why did you decide to become a teacher?
8. What challenges are you looking for in a position?
9. What is your teaching philosophy?
10. How do you handle stressful situations?
11. What interests you about our school?
12. What was your most rewarding experience during student teaching?
13. Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
14. What is your greatest strength?
15. Describe the best lesson you have delivered. Why was it successful?
16. What is the toughest problem you've had to face? How did you overcome it?
17. If students were having difficulty learning a skill or concept, what would you do?
18. What techniques would you use to be sure that students understand?
19. What would your references say about you, if they were here right now?
20. How will you instruct students with varying abilities?
21. Describe your typical lesson.
22. What experience have you had with students from culturally diverse backgrounds?
23. How do you use technology to improve your lessons?
24. How can you encourage a student who lacks confidence and inspire him or her to learn?
25. What makes you the happiest as a teacher?
26. How do you accommodate for non-English speakers or low-level English speakers?
27. What is your classroom management plan and what do you hope to accomplish with it?
28. If you were asked to create a behavior modification plan for ongoing misbehavior, what would it be?
29. Discuss a time in which you had to confront a parent about a child.
30. Discuss one memorable parent meeting you have had in the past.
31. What changes do you make to your lesson plans each year?
32. What techniques do you use to keep students actively involved during a lesson?
33. How would you improve public education, if you had the power to do so?
34. What are your weaknesses?
35. What are your thoughts on common core?